Air Conditioning not working properly..plz HELP!

B&J West 09 sxt

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT, it's earned the name "the Kid Mobile"(we have 3 young boys,&1teen Boy) , it's s mainly driven by my "Wifey".        Anyways -

As of last week we noticed an issue with the Air Conditioning in it; when the A.C. is turned on (& set to the usual/ proper settings), there is "No air" blowing out/from the upper (front) vents

( I noticed that when I chaned the control setting)It does/ will blow air out of the bottom vents /on our feet/ floor area.

+After turning to the inter'web, I thought my issue might be the blower motor ;

*I checked all of the fuses..they are good.

-Nxt; I removed the blower motor itself and "tested it"(by using wire,w/ aligator clips, and "hooking it up to a battery")it came right on, soon as the power was put to it..

*~Additional information~* (might be helpful)

We've had it for approx. 3yrs now, and has been a pretty dependable vehicle (for what we use it for). Only other problem we've had with it ("that may/ COULD be tied 2this issue"), Is that the heater sucks in the winter, i believe its the "heater core needing flushed"(& I've not done it yet)..

Any useful information/ help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thanks in advance.

as far as the heater core i wouldn't bother to try an flush it being a 2009, just replace it and save yourself some time and trouble check out youtube for the easy way to replace it...as far as the other problem it is one of the actuator /blend door not opening and closing there, my 2011 had this problem for just a short time but it fixed itself before i had the chance to take it into the dealership as we were on a vacation out in las vegas at the time, i believe there are 3 blend doors and the one hanging up on you is the hardest one to get to check out youtube for more info...when you get it fixed please report back on what or how you got it fixed for others that might have this problem...good luck