Blown tranny after 80,000 kms

gatrus

Have you heard of any problems with the AWD RT having transmission problems? A friend of mine jusy took his 09 RT to the dealer because it smelled burnt oil and the problem is a burnt transmission.The funny thing is that he does nor haul and 90% of his kms are highway kms.

Is this a common problem?

lately it seems that everyone I speak to who has a journey has had fairly serious problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had any transmission problems yet but I used to get a clunky sound when changing gears every once in a while when I switched from reverse into a forward gear. I found pressing on the brake hard when switching controlled that pretty good. Technically you are suppose to let your auto come to a dead stop before you change gears from reverse to first they say. I am not sure how you burnt out your transmission. We don't change the transmission oil as it is all sealed in, supposedly. I assume the transmission is under warranty and has been replaced by now. Good luck with your new tranny.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had any transmission problems yet but I used to get a clunky sound when changing gears every once in a while when I switched from reverse into a forward gear. I found pressing on the brake hard when switching controlled that pretty good. Technically you are suppose to let your auto come to a dead stop before you change gears from reverse to first they say. I am not sure how you burnt out your transmission. We don't change the transmission oil as it is all sealed in, supposedly. I assume the transmission is under warranty and has been replaced by now. Good luck with your new tranny.

I was weary of my transmission becasue i have had the same issue with the hard clunky shifting but i believe its just the nature of this vehicle. It does not bother me but i just dont want it to be a for shadow for things to come.

The dealer has said its nothing to worry about... i have an 80,000 mile warranty so i am not worried about it.