Failed TIPM Diagnostic Help

Hi,

I am having an ongoing issue with my 2009 Dodge Journey 3.5L and believe I may have a failing TIPM.  I was wondering anyone feels a new TIPM would fix my problem.  I will list the symptoms below:

Works 100% fine when it works – no issues.

Sometimes get in and try to start and have the following:

• No accessory power or start power at all (including no function of buttons on the key fob)
  • Headlights, brake lights, and door locks all work using their switches.
  • No power on any pins under any relays in fuse box and no power on the 25amp circuit breaker at the end of the fuse box (adjacent to the power in connection).
  • Battery is tested good.
  • All cables (battery, fuse box feed, larger grounds, alternator, and starter) are tested okay
  • No power on any pins to ignition switch
  • No communication with vehicle when scanner connected to asdl

After some time (maybe an hour, maybe 4 days) the car just “comes alive” and is ready to go and the only noteworthy thing when it comes back to life is that sometimes there is a clicking in the ignition and in the shifter release/interlock solenoid for a few minutes that eventually stops.  Also important to note is that the clock on the radio always shows “12:00” immediately after things come to life so it is obviously losing the backup power there as well.  When it comes back to life, the scanner can then communicate and shows no DTCs.  

Welcome to the forum. It certainly sounds like a strong possibility. If you search on the internet there are some people that made up a bypass harness and drove with out TIPM for a week to proof it was the culprit.   Need to use correct gauge wire and maybe add in line fuses to the bypass. Look for pics or utube clips on this type of approach.

A used wrecker part could be another option, or RockAuto. Or a friend with a Journey who can stay home a few days.