Good day all,

I am assuming that a non operational back up camera has been discussed in the past.

I purchased a new Journey in 2015 and the back up camera over the last couple years would work at times but lately not at all. I opened the hatch door and wiggled the bundle of wires heading into the hatch on the drivers side. Now there is an indication ( squiggly lines)at times on the screen I was hoping to see indicating a broken wire or two.

Has anyone pulled the rubber boot back that surrounds the wires and successfully repaired the wires to the back up camera?

thanks

Gary

plenty of videos on youtube show how to do it and yes some on this site has done it,,,now that MAY not be the problem as my rear camera showed some of the same problems you mentioned and then finally went out , i took it to the dealership since i had the mopar lifetime warranty on it and they ended up saying the actual camera went bad, i would have thought it was the wiring or other problems... BUT since you did notice a difference when wiggling the wires i would assume that is the problem ...good luck