Passenger seat airbag

peppermrj

Got a phone cord stuck under the front passenger seat. Got it out but now the air bag light on the dash is lit! Can’t see anything detached under the seat.  
I got a code reader from my son. Next stop to read codes.  
I haven’t been able to find anything on removing the front passenger seat. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated. 

5 hours ago, peppermrj said:

Got a phone cord stuck under the front passenger seat. Got it out but now the air bag light on the dash is lit! Can’t see anything detached under the seat.  
I got a code reader from my son. Next stop to read codes.  
I haven’t been able to find anything on removing the front passenger seat. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated. 

It doesn't take much movement to set the light off   Recheck the connections under the seat again also check under the drivers side connections that was the side that made my light come on,,, Better to redo the cheap fix a second time just in case it works,,, there is a youtube video on this as well

Right on the money 2late4u !

SRS code was an open circuit on the passenger seat. Found the video on YouTube for removing the seat. Electrical connector had came off. 
Pay attention to the details and disconnect the battery 1 hour before fooling with the electric connections. Have never seen an airbag deploy and hope I never do !

thanks again 

peppermrj 

• 10 months later...
On 4/24/2022 at 4:59 PM, 2late4u said:

It doesn't take much movement to set the light off   Recheck the connections under the seat again also check under the drivers side connections that was the side that made my light come on,,, Better to redo the cheap fix a second time just in case it works,,, there is a youtube video on this as well

Link for YouTube video for seat belt pretensions

• 2 months later...

I got the same problem on my Dodge; the airbag light came on then I did some diagnosing by myself. I spend much time diagnosing but still can't find the problem. Then I saw this good article on the YOUCANIC page, which it shows how to diagnose and troubleshoot Airbag Light On Dodge. It was very helpful to me, and It took me just a few hours to fix the airbag problem. I just knew that my occupancy passenger sensor wirings are already torn. So thankful I saw the YOUCANIC Chrysler Airbag Light article.

Edited by Cael Elan