2010 Journey MyGiG version??

Sorry if this is a dumb question but...

I just got my 2010 Journey SXT and have less than 200 miles on it and I wanted to see if I needed to update MyGig and I am not seeing what all the forums are saying I should see.

If it matters I am in Italy. I took delivery through Navy New Car Sales so it came from the US through Germany to me here in Italy.

I can only put US time zones into the radio so I am assuming it is a fully US spec vehicle.

It is a NON-Nav with rear backup camera.

I went to System Setup --> System Info on the radio and have the following info :

Application: 06.06.01

Audio CPU: 09110931

Grace Note: 4BB

Serial:

System: 0101

Is the version 6.06.01??

If I need an update which update do I use?

I have http://www.mofv.com/mygig bookmarked

Any clarity is much appreciated

Bill

Please let me know if I need to provide any more info.

• 2 weeks later...

In the bottom corner of the radio, what are the 3 letters? That is the radio sales code, and it is the key to knowing who made that radio.

There is NOTHING in the right corner. I can take a pic and post it but be assured there is nothing there.

If it helps the initial order form has: AWX as the SAFE & SOUND GROUP, -inc: 30GB hard disk drive, 6.5" touch screen display, media center 430 CD/DVD/MP3 radio, ParkView rear back-up camera AWX

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the version you provided, you have an RBZ radio. The software version that you have is fine - no major changes have been made since then that would affect how the radio works.

The RBZ radio is made by a different manufacturer than the other MyGig radios (REN, RER, REU), so you will probably not see the updated software on the web.

Are you having a specific problem with the radio that leads you to believe an update is required?

Based on the version you provided, you have an RBZ radio. The software version that you have is fine - no major changes have been made since then that would affect how the radio works.

The RBZ radio is made by a different manufacturer than the other MyGig radios (REN, RER, REU), so you will probably not see the updated software on the web.

Are you having a specific problem with the radio that leads you to believe an update is required?

I just bought new SXT and the RBZ radio has locks up when I try to load songs onto the hard drive from a DVD full of MP3s. It's even locked up a time or two with the disc not in the radio. I'm hoping that Dodge, or whoever, will release an update or atleast a TSB about this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have http://www.mofv.com/mygig bookmarked"

After I saw this post I entered in this website above and downloaded a REZ update ... have you guys done these updates without any problem ? just to be sure before runs the update, I think I have a problem in my HDD and tried to copy some large amount of music ... this is why I intend to update.

everything normal with your updates then ?

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought new SXT and the RBZ radio has locks up when I try to load songs onto the hard drive from a DVD full of MP3s. It's even locked up a time or two with the disc not in the radio. I'm hoping that Dodge, or whoever, will release an update or atleast a TSB about this issue.

We also just got one with the RBZ, and yes I notice that newer software isn't available from Dodge (haha) or the mofv.com site. I suppose the DVD is just for data, as I put a retail movie DVD in and it only played audio - FAIL. This is the in-dash one by the shifter, we didn't get the back seat facing one. Didn't really read the features on the multimedia thing it is.

I tried different USB media (small flash drive, and a very fast solid state 64 GB drive) and wasn't impressed at the speed, it seemed slower than USB version 1. I suppose I could dig up a CD or DVD and burn, though it has been a few years and that seems antiquated.

It also isn't conducive to copying music from the iPod, but that is more Apple's proprietary format of music on that. I just got my wife a mini plug male to male cable, although when I get a chance I will put some music on the HDD.

Ultimately I can't expect it to run like a supercomputer, it is just a novelty, clunky and slow. I tried importing around 1,000 songs, and I think it is capped at 400 at a time. I also picked like 20 pictures, just in the JPG format, and didn't shrink them down; so they were about 100 MB in size. It took an hour to copy - quite pathetic.

We have the bluetooth pairing, but no NAV. Oh well, it at least does something with the bells and whistles.

I have been in the IT field for almost 15 years, so my standards are probably loftier.

First, Thank you for your Service! My hat is off to you!

Second. Through the Base Exchange Service the Cars sold are full US Spec Vehicles. This means you can

ship them back stateside with no problem. The time zone thing might be an issue and one that the Chrysler Service

might be able to help you with. There may be a DVD update for the European Time Zones they could add for you.

I would just make sure that it could be UN-DONE before you ship the Journey Home.

There was a Late year change in the Radios from what I have read. I am still uncertain which radio our Journey

will have in it. The MyGig site you have listed is one of the better one's. Also, www.wkjeeps.com has a few updates

and information on Radios. Most Radios in the Jeeps are the same as the other Chrysler Products.

MSGT, USAF Retired

• 4 weeks later...

It is a NON-Nav with rear backup camera.

I went to System Setup --> System Info on the radio and have the following info :

Application: 06.06.01

Audio CPU: 09110931

Grace Note: 4BB

Serial:

System: 0101

I have http://www.mofv.com/mygig bookmarked

Bill

Hi Bill,

MOFV site does not appear to be for us RBZ Radio people (mine does say RBZ in the lower right hand corner of the radio). Mine is non-NAV, rear camera and Sirius. I think its because our electronics are made by Mitsubushi, and all the "older" models are MyGIG.

My application: 08.03.02

My Audio CPU: 021210

My Grace Notes: 93F

My System 0101

There does appear to be quite a disparity between yours and my version numbers. I did see one note on Dodge site for upgrades to the RBZ. It said go to your dealer, so you could try that :(

I recently had mine replaced under warranty, so maybe I got a firmware upgrade with the new unit. (I thought it was funny that I lost all my media and system preferences with new unit, but my bluetooth pairings and phone names were still there. Must not be on same hard drive? or immune to a firmware upgrade anyway.)

My R/T option list included Conv Grp II, Rear Seat Video Group I, and Safe and Sound Group.

Good luck. (not just with your radio!)

Elmwoodie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

MOFV site does not appear to be for us RBZ Radio people (mine does say RBZ in the lower right hand corner of the radio). Mine is non-NAV, rear camera and Sirius. I think its because our electronics are made by Mitsubushi, and all the "older" models are MyGIG.

My application: 08.03.02

My Audio CPU: 021210

My Grace Notes: 93F

My System 0101

There does appear to be quite a disparity between yours and my version numbers. I did see one note on Dodge site for upgrades to the RBZ. It said go to your dealer, so you could try that :(

I recently had mine replaced under warranty, so maybe I got a firmware upgrade with the new unit. (I thought it was funny that I lost all my media and system preferences with new unit, but my bluetooth pairings and phone names were still there. Must not be on same hard drive? or immune to a firmware upgrade anyway.)

My R/T option list included Conv Grp II, Rear Seat Video Group I, and Safe and Sound Group.

Good luck. (not just with your radio!)

Elmwoodie.

Your bluetooth pairings and phone names are stored in the Uconnect module, also known as the Hands Free Module (or HFM). That is a separate box from the radio, which is why the settings were kept when you swapped radios.

We also just got one with the RBZ, and yes I notice that newer software isn't available from Dodge (haha) or the mofv.com site. I suppose the DVD is just for data, as I put a retail movie DVD in and it only played audio - FAIL. This is the in-dash one by the shifter, we didn't get the back seat facing one. Didn't really read the features on the multimedia thing it is.

I tried different USB media (small flash drive, and a very fast solid state 64 GB drive) and wasn't impressed at the speed, it seemed slower than USB version 1. I suppose I could dig up a CD or DVD and burn, though it has been a few years and that seems antiquated.

It also isn't conducive to copying music from the iPod, but that is more Apple's proprietary format of music on that. I just got my wife a mini plug male to male cable, although when I get a chance I will put some music on the HDD.

Ultimately I can't expect it to run like a supercomputer, it is just a novelty, clunky and slow. I tried importing around 1,000 songs, and I think it is capped at 400 at a time. I also picked like 20 pictures, just in the JPG format, and didn't shrink them down; so they were about 100 MB in size. It took an hour to copy - quite pathetic.

We have the bluetooth pairing, but no NAV. Oh well, it at least does something with the bells and whistles.

I have been in the IT field for almost 15 years, so my standards are probably loftier.

Ah, someone who understands! Let me address some of your complaints...

- DVD Video discs can only be viewed on the radio screen when the vehicle is in park. There should be a "VIEW VIDEO" button in the lower right corner when the DVD video is loaded and the vehicle is parked.

- USB copy speed is not the fastest, especially for pictures (which are painfully slow to download at full resolution). The best (though not easiest) way to copy music files is to keep the USB stick size small (2GB or less) and not overload with a ton of files. The most the RBZ will ever see is 1024 files, so keep those file counts down. It beats burning CDs!

- iPod copying is strictly frowned upon by Apple. The radio is only allowed to copy what it sees on the iPod as a normal "mass storage device".

- It is not a supercomputer, obviously. Treat it like a computer from about 5 years ago, and I think you'll have a better user experience.

Thanks for the comments.

• 7 months later...

As of Oct 2010, it appears that there is an upgrade for the RBZ radios.

Service bulletin: 08-028-10

link to service bulletin

The TSB uses an upgrade CD (part # 68092693AA) to upgrade to version 8.05 (or higher).

I cant find the upgrade anywhere online.

Time to call my dealer.

Elmwoodie.

• 5 months later...

Downloaded and successfully installed the update.

No big changes. Having trouble finding little changes too. But the version number changed. And hopefully more bluetooth applications will work.

https://www.dodge.com/hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/pdf/download/Apple_Devices_Compatibility_Test_Report_Rev_B.pdf