I have a 2016 RT with remote start and push button ignition. 

I've noticed that in winter cold, around -10C that the fob will not work at all. The journey still detects I’m close enough to unlock the door, but using the buttons on the fob will do nothing. 

this is an issue with BOTH fobs i have. I have also installed brand new batteries, checked that i have nothing interfering with the fobs and it happens anywhere is i leave my fob hang off my belt in cold weather. 

would an aftermarket fob fix this issue?

I find the fobs sensitive to battery voltage. As soon as the battery is just below 3.0 volts the remote will get flaky.

Some dollar store batteries are old stock and might only be 3.1 out of the packaging. Leaves short  service life.

Cleaning contacts with an eraser helps connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Battery voltage is good, batteries like new. New fob wouldn’t likely help if it’s an antenna or RF transmission problem. 
My fobs don’t work as well in extreme cold that well either. Find myself manually triggering locks using the outside button on door sometimes. Auto locks slow to activate. Summer is completely normal operation.