Abs module/pump removal

Jake17

Has anybody had to remove and replace an abs module from a Dodge Journey with the V6?  I keep getting a 2200-49 code with the internal fault and that’s the only code I’m getting.  I cannot find any information on the how to remove the abs pump.  It is crammed against the firewall on the front corner of the engine and I cannot figure out what is going to be the beat way to go about getting it out.  Can I get to it if I remove the fender liner?  Any information will be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. You have tried unhooking battery for an hour to see if it clears code.  I found this info below on Ram forum about dealer can flash to clear code, maybe. Not sure about that.  Remove all brake lines with a flared nut wrench, unbolt bracket holding module to sheet metal, then gently remove module around the unhooked  metal brake lines without bending their approx shape from factory. If line gets mangled, buy nickel copper line, much easier to flare and install.  I have a 3.6, module is crammed in place and very awkward replacement. Brake fluid excellent paint remover, be careful.

1. C2200 is internal module fault, known issue and TSB is out on it saying module is to be flashed by dealer ( never gonna happen ).

2. COde will not clear, you have to swap out the module and vin code it to fix the issue. NO RESET will work.

3. Never go to the dealer unless warranty covers all charges. They wanted $2200 to pull the dash for the ac motor replacement on a door. Part came from ebay for 17$ shipped and it behiind the glove box, with 2 screws - 10 minute job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Use Utube and ebay and local repair shops --- . 

Edited by John/Horace