No heat driver side

Jett40

Hello, 

Vehicle, 2016 Dodge Journey with dual zone up front and ac/ heat in rear, no auto temp.

Problem, cold air coming out of driver side vent when heat is on.
Repairs completed, I replaced driver side blend door with new one. I attached blend door to connector before install to calibrate and blend door will not move. I bench checked old blend door and it works. Thoughts are appreciated. Thank you John

Would I be correct that you mean blend door actuator and not the blend door itself? 

Our '11 model has 2 ways to adjust temp, manual push button for hot/cold and finger swipe for hot/cold on the infotainment screen (ours is 4.3" small screen).

heat is working on passenger side. Passenger side actuator works and main actuator works, air circulator actuator hasn’t been verified yet, not sure when air circulator actuator works with a/c only?

you mention control switch, is this the hot cold button on dash?

YES, the temp selector (cold to hot) on the dash could be bad. It tells the actuator to move. There is also a HVAC control module mounted behinf the radio/infotainment screen inside the dash that could have a poor connection.

IF you have a known good actuator, try plugging that on and try your controls. And as said before, our '11 model can also adjust heat level for left and right side on the radio screen(4.3" unit). Try that and see if actuator works. IF not you'll have to start checking the press heat control switch panel or deeper in the main HVAC control module.

On 1/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, Jett40 said:

Is calibration needed for the actuator to respond? Original blend door also bench check good, it must not be receiving signal to move. bad hvac module or heat/ cold button on dash is bad. 

Sometimes a calibration is needed for the blend door to move, sometimes it doesn't.  I've seen it both ways on mine.

Also, just because a blend door actuator moves with 12V applied on a bench does not mean that it's good.  I had a rear actuator once that would move if I put 12V to it, but did not provide the necessary pulse-position feedback to the HVAC module so it could not be calibrated and did not work properly.

From AllData:

"The A/C heater module uses a pulse-count positioning system to monitor the operation and relative position of the mode door actuator and doors. The A/C heater module learns the mode-air doors stop positions during the calibration procedure and will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) for any problems it detects in the mode door actuator circuits. "