Brake light out already

After 28,000 US miles on my 09 Journey, I was following my wife yesterday and notice that we have a brake light out. Seems awful soon to have a brake light out after only 28K miles. Anyone else have any issues. I will probably replace with LED.

Chris

28,000 miles and only one bulb gone...WOW!!! we'd be luck if our bulbs last 28 miles with the state of the roads in the UK after the bad snow this winter just past has given us!!!!

some of our pot holes, if you drove into them, you have to reverse out there so deep!!!

LOL!!!

• 8 months later...

After 28,000 US miles on my 09 Journey, I was following my wife yesterday and notice that we have a brake light out. Seems awful soon to have a brake light out after only 28K miles. Anyone else have any issues. I will probably replace with LED.

Chris

Mine just went out, I have 30,000 miles. Hope it's not too expensive, seems like everything goes out on this car prematurely, too bad because I love it!

JP

• 1 month later...

Mine just went out, I have 30,000 miles. Hope it's not too expensive, seems like everything goes out on this car prematurely, too bad because I love it!

JP

My blinker and rear brake light went out at about 18k, also very dissapointed in the little things that keep breaking on my new car!! I do love it but it's annoying. Now I have a clicking noise whenever I make a right or left hand turn, brought it in for service and at first they told me they couldn't hear anything, so I took a drive with them pointed it out and still they say they can't find what's wrong and put a call into Chrysler....3 weeks later still no word!

My blinker and rear brake light went out at about 18k, also very dissapointed in the little things that keep breaking on my new car!! I do love it but it's annoying. Now I have a clicking noise whenever I make a right or left hand turn, brought it in for service and at first they told me they couldn't hear anything, so I took a drive with them pointed it out and still they say they can't find what's wrong and put a call into Chrysler....3 weeks later still no word!

Well I have replaced both lieft and right signal.brake bulbs. The left went at around less then 20000 km and today I replaced my right rear and around 31000 K.

Edited by ZAC

• 2 weeks later...

JP

If you are past your 1 year warranty then it will cost you the mechanic's time and a bulb. Its actually pretty easy to replace and the bulbs cost about $2-3 at walmart. I even saw a few at the local dollar store. Search this forum for "HOW TO CHANGE REAR SIGNAL BULB"

• 3 months later...

Chris

As with all cars, the manufacturer does not manufacture every part of the car, including light bulbs. They use the same bulbs from the same manufacturers as we do from walmart , such as phillips. no doubt they are made in china or worse..

• 2 months later...

Just replaced my rear signal/brake bulb - 3157K - yesterday (this location uses the clear bulb - there is also amber). I've got 28,000 miles on the vehicle.

SLIGHT CONCERN/WARNING - I noticed that the socket was quite burnt/discolored. Much more than I would expect for a bulb with so little use.

Upon reinstalling the new bulb, I used some dielectric grease on the contacts to improve/maintain good contact.

This looks like a potential problem down the road.

We'll have to keep an eye on this.