No starting not enough battery

MartyZ1

So I put in another ground cable to see if the car would hold voltage but that didnt work. Will start with jump I have it on a trickle charge and the charger shows green so it should start. Looking into alternator and charge wire next, and an alternator (175k miles original alt) but here are so many numbers on them how do I find which one will fit and work ? It shows 14.5v after a few minutes of driving. Also thinking about running another alt charge wire right to the battery post. Seems like its a major issue in these cars and I'm not throwing money at it all the time. 

Well the guy I bought it from claims that there is a 2020 battery that he replaced. I will go get Advance to test the thing. The reason I am going for something other than the battery is that there are tons of posts on here and on youtube saying that the battery and starter have been replaced multiple times yet there is still the issue. I can only work on it until my back hurts too much I bought this thing so that I would not have to put  a lot of money and work into it. 

Edited by MartyZ1

OR he gave up on it and sold the DJ because of the vert problem you are experiencing. Could have an electrical drain when shut off weakening battery charge state.  It is usually better to post of actual problem or symptoms than to look for direct answers for your suppositions of the situation.

GOOD LUCK, and I also have a bad back after 5 back surgeries!

Edited by 5rebel9

Parasitic drain could be because of the bad actuator on the air/recirc plenum that I have a new Dorman 604-029 to fix, it clicks at random when off. JUst took it for a good ride I will see what the voltage is after a couple of hours, then put the trickler on it. I know I am going to look at the battery soon and make sure the connections are clean et al, Advance said that the battery needed a charge so alternator is the next thing to take a good look at. Right under the p/s pump I think 2 bolts looks easy.  Ty 5