Tail light goes out when vehicle is started

Hi,

I have a 2012 Journey and I am experiencing an issue with the left rear tailgate light.  When I remote start or manually turn on my parking or head lights the tail light comes on as it normally does but as soon as I start the engine it goes out.  Any idea what could be causing this problem?

I'm from USA, Does this have mandatory DLR for Canada? The tail lights that go out, are they the inner(mounted on hatch) or the outer(body mounted) ones?

IF the inner ones, check the wires in the rubber boot between hatch and body. MANY posts of wires breaking in there and how to fix can be found here. A common problem with just about all years of older DJ's.

13 minutes ago, Mcgarnagle said:

Thanks for the reply, it is the tail light on the lift gate.  I have read about the wires breaking at the boot but my one light only seems to quit working when I start my vehicle which seems odd to me.

It may not be the cause, but light problems there are a known issue. It is NOT hard to move the boot and check it out anyway.