Chrome looking wheel cover reattachment

Tedybear315

Hopefully a quick one.

Had a caliper lock up on one of our front wheels a few months ago.  We're talking HOTTER then HADES!!  (Brand new brakes, rotors, ceramic pads (thankfully))  So the caliper hose we found was creating a one way valve and overheated everything badly when it seized up.  New hose and caliper later.....And no damage to the rotor or pads, something to be said about using quality parts.  

The heat melted the wheel weights off the wheel.  And the other day the hub cover separated from the wheel and flew off.  At first I was going to hit the local U Pull yard and grab a wheel and pay the $ for mount/balance.  Then I noted the missing wheel chrome cover was propped up against a sign post this morning on a corner I use to get to work.

So long story short (I know, to late)  The wheel looks like a**....  Triangle shaped adhesive that looks more like double sided tape (but I can see where they squirted it in between the wheel and the hub cover.)  

Has anyone found a way to re-mate the hub cover back onto the wheel?  I'm not opposed to hitting the pick and pull yard for an entire wheel if I have to.  But sense someone was kind enough to locate ours that flew off and put it where I could find it...  Just figure it might be possible to reattach the two parts.

Thanks!!

S-