Service Park Assist

Mmaynard

All of a sudden my Service Park Assist light came on.  I have cleaned the back up cameras, turned the park assist off and on with my vehicle on and on.  Nothing helps.  Called the dealership to ask if this was covered under warranty and their response was we won't know til we diagnosis it and there is an 85.00 fee to do that.

Anyone else have this problem or can advise me on figuring this out without dealing with the dealer?

I believe if you are under your regular 3yr warranty it is covered. If you are not sure call Dodge directly and ask them (not the dealership). They have to tell you there is a charge just in case you did some aftermarket work that voided the warranty. Did you? 

Oh the "joys" of having all this "new fangled technology"! Without visually checking things like the camera and wiring(yes, these things still employ wires) You'll need the aid of an advanced scanner that most independent shops use along with Dealer level proprietary scanners to find the fault. YUP, dealers still charge up front and their rates are usually much more than a reputable "INDY". Have you any friends that might point you in that direction to at least find what the BCM computers see as the "malady"?