factory wiring

#9 Dodge

• 2 weeks later...

Simple everything just unplug and replug it in. 2009 sxt Once you take the bumper off,

Is it possible that anyone has a picture? I have a 2009 AWD R/T with the trailer tow prep group, so I have wire harness, and I know the cabling just plugs in in series to the vehicles factory wiring by disconnecting it and re-routing each end to the wire harness. Where do I find these connectors to make the connections.

Is it behind the bumper and does it literally have to be removed?

Is it possible that the wiring is in the side panels?

I really don't know. I have dropped the spare, taken out the lower compartment, removed all of the jack hardware, started to pull out the side panels in the cargo area but did not find the wiring and realized taking off the side panels was not a good idea without instructions.

Thanks,

Nick

• 7 months later...

MOST places in clean power Would Be preferred, as Opposed to pulling From The usual radio-install seats. Goal ace for wires Used For security / radio installs, There Is a FAQ for vehicle wiring. It has links in it for SEVERAL Sites That Have extensive databases for Such. Those databases are Much Better Organized Than a bunch of posts in a thread of Likely random order.

Is it possible that anyone has a picture? I have a 2009 AWD R/T with the trailer tow prep group, so I have wire harness, and I know the cabling just plugs in in series to the vehicles factory wiring by disconnecting it and re-routing each end to the wire harness. Where do I find these connectors to make the connections.

Is it behind the bumper and does it literally have to be removed?

Is it possible that the wiring is in the side panels?

I really don't know. I have dropped the spare, taken out the lower compartment, removed all of the jack hardware, started to pull out the side panels in the cargo area but did not find the wiring and realized taking off the side panels was not a good idea without instructions.

Thanks,

Nick

If it's the factory 4 pin wiring harness you just need to remove the tail lights. They plug in between the tail light and the factory wiring and drop the cable down through the bottom through a rubber plug.

• 5 months later...

If it's the factory 4 pin wiring harness you just need to remove the tail lights. They plug in between the tail light and the factory wiring and drop the cable down through the bottom through a rubber plug.

I would agree that it connects behind the taillight but I'm not sure about going through that rubber plug. Do you need to remove the side panels, and the rear floor panel to run the wire?

There are clips and plugs attached to the harness, I wonder if the harness drops down from the taillight clipping to the metal folds along the exterior. The plugs fit into the cross member between the mufflers and route back up to the other taillight. The four pin trailer plug in nicely outside of the vehicle at the trailer hitch rather than running it out the tailgate over the bumper.

I'm not saying I'm right (which is why I'm here searching) but this appears to be what it is set up for.

By the way, I don't see the need to remove the bumper as earlier posted. Just like the installation of the hitch it would fit around. There is a video available on eTrailer how to install the hitch too.

I hope someone can comment. Thanks!

Edited by Denz