690LB trailer.....no tow package.

good day guys.  time for another towing question.  i have a 2017 GT.  it does not have the towing package.  im looking at this small overlanding trailer to put a roof top tent on.  the trailer weighs 690lbs dry, the roof top tent weighs 150.  with gear inside the small trailer (300-500lbs) plus a full tank of gas, the human weight and some more gear inside the car im looking just near 2000 lbs total.  id like to go to the dealership and get the tow package installed and possibly a mopar hitch.  the trailer total weight will be at or near 1350 lbs. 

my question is should i use a brake controller with this small setup?  what about a trans cooler?  and does anyone know what parts i need from Mopar so i can get them ordered?

thank you for your help!

5 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

Which engine? What does your state law call for?

crap sorry about that, i was adding things to my original sentence and forgot

its the V6. 

and im not sure what the state law asks in regards to trailer brakes.....

I think the trans cooler is standard, but not positive.  I have one on my 09 R/T, no tow package.  As far as trailer brakes, I thought only required at the 3000 lb area, but again not sure.  There are tons of people towing here, as well as a ton of threads.  I’m sure someone with better knowledge will chime in....

5 minutes ago, OhareFred said:

I think the trans cooler is standard, but not positive.  I have one on my 09 R/T, no tow package.  As far as trailer brakes, I thought only required at the 3000 lb area, but again not sure.  There are tons of people towing here, as well as a ton of threads.  I’m sure someone with better knowledge will chime in....

where would that cooler be?  in front of the radiator?