Radiator coolant leak

vozaday

55 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

Great thanks for the update. Being proactive and cautious like you are will save you money in the long run.

My son is only interested in car repairs now that he is married and has moved away . Good to get them involved at an early age.

It’s definitely not easy and requires a lot of patience. He just wants to use the tools. He’s getting there though. He helped me tear the front diff out of the sxs this winter and he did one side himself. Then we tore down an engine I got for a case of beer. The biggest hurdle is allowing him to help me with my 71 Mustang. It’s in restored condition and kids can be careless, so it’s on me that he doesn’t help much there. 

In the extreme cold full synthetic is a big help (I have family in Calgary) for starting , warm up etc.

I used to switch from regular Dino to synthetic in winter and back again, when syn was priced like gold.

Stick to 5w20 in winter if you stay with conventional, block heater becomes more critical. 
Stay safe out west, cheers.