well the back up camera was starting to mess up sometimes and has almost quit working now  not a real big deal since i have the fold up trailer lift for my wife's scooter so when not in use and in the up position it blocks the view but when we are carrying her scooter it does help. now i do have the max life warranty with a 100 ded,  but i was wondering if it is just the wires in the rubber boot shorting out or broken if that would  be covered???? i was told when i bought the warranty pretty much if it was mechanical it would be covered, i have been going to call the dealership or go by there but keep forgetting, also i have heard that if the wires are broken they replace the wiring loom and is kind of pricey. i have moved the rubber boot around before to see if it would lose reception back when it was messing up but didnt try to remove the boot ,or if the wires break up in the hatch or in the cabin roof area,  or do they break inside the boot... has any one had any dealings with this problem that you have seen or fixed yourself i have watched some you tube videos on it but not to much info there??? if the break is in the boot i feel confident that i could splice it back together again  but if it would be covered under the max life warranty then might just let them fix it and pay the 100.. thanks in advance

well nice day today,so i tried to see if there was any broken wires in the rubber boot for the back up cam, since i had it added at the dealership after buying the journey the big white cable and the 2 smaller wires ( i guess positive and negative) are not wrapped in the loom as the other wires are ,  nothing looks  broke or cut all the other wires look great, no other problems then just the random working not working of the back up cam. had the parking brake on and put car in reverse while moving the wires and wiggling them didnt make no difference . oh well guess ill wait till something else needs work under warranty and then have them take a look at it

seen this video on  u tube but it is in Italian and there is no translation version but i believe what is happening  to my journey. he starts the journey and then the words come up above which mine says i believe check your surroundings and then goes blank as his does , he shows how to replace just the camera and then his rear cam starts working, this is the first u tube i seen showing info other than the broke wire u tube.. just thought id put this here in case some one else has something like this going on ,,,since my knee is still healing i dont want to mess with this right now and also havent stopped by the dealership yet to check on what is covered on the max life warranty that i have...