Curt Hitch Pictures

oldodge

Here are a couple photos of the Curt receiver I put on my Journey. It sticks out a little but looks ok to me. Only used it for my utility trailer so far and it worked well. I used the Hidden Hitch wiring kit and mounted the Tow Ready box with ty-wraps. I may change the box to a mounting bracket for the plug. Not sure yet.

hitch.jpg

hitch1.jpg

hitch21.jpg

• 5 months later...

Here are a couple photos of the Curt receiver I put on my Journey. It sticks out a little but looks ok to me. Only used it for my utility trailer so far and it worked well. I used the Hidden Hitch wiring kit and mounted the Tow Ready box with ty-wraps. I may change the box to a mounting bracket for the plug. Not sure yet.

hitch.jpg

hitch1.jpg

hitch21.jpg

Do you have the tranny cooler installed as well? I have a trailer and dirt bikes and was wondering if I should get the tranny cooler....I live in a very hilly area??

• 9 months later...

I have just installed mine yesterday and I'm wondering how long it too you to do the job, mine took about 4 hours (for the hitch and wiring). My mistake was that I was trying to save the fasteners that are not reusable, but I didn't realize that until I was reassembling the bumper. Also I'm glad that I did not drop the mufflers as other people indicated, that is a scary proposition, the rubber mounts are extremely stiff, you don't have to do that if you remove the bumper cover.

And my big surprise was when I went to Chrysler today to buy new fasteners, needed 10 of them, they want , are they completely MAD? So, if I was to buy 10, they would have cost as much as the hitch itself, this is not right :slapfight: :banghead: . I happen to work in injection molding and I know that producing things like this would probably cost about $0.15, what is the point of asking 100 times the price? And really all that is required are the pins.

How did you do for replacing this fasteners? I bought some different style at a local store, but there is no equivalent available.

• 10 months later...

Just finished installing my Curt hitch (#13335) and factory 4-pin wirining harness. Did the job by myself in my driveway with the help of a floor jack. Took about 2 hours total - just over an hour for the wiring and hitch and about 45 minutes to reattach the exhaust hangers.

In my mind, the extra 1" or so of clearance is not worth the time and effort of disconnecting the exhaust hangers. If you do go this route, I found it much easier to remove and install the frame side of the hangers than the muffler side. The one I actually did remove from the muffler side, I could not get back on due to the lack of room to work, so I ended up pulling it off the frame side, attaching it to the muffler first, then reattaching to the frame.

I'm extremely happy with the result, but my shoulders and neck are yelling at me for it. :baby:

One note - the wire length for the 4-pin plug on the factory harness is quite short, barely reaching the receiver/ball mount locking pin.

Nest (and hopefully last) step is to swing by the dealer to have the option code added to my VIN and my computer flashed to enable the trailer wiring. Though, I'm not sure whay they even put the wiring to the back if it is not enabled.