Picking up our Journey on Monday

Drdan524

My wife and I just purchased a 2010 Journey AWD SXT in Inferno Red. After looking over about 30 SUV's and crossovers, this is what my wife picked since it's going to be her car. The only frustration I have is there are lack of option packages unless you order direct from the factory. It seems you can either have a loaded SXT or a base SXT in AWD. For instance we would like to have a sunroof without having the Nav system but a car like that seemed very hard to locate. But nonetheless we both are very happy with our purchase. Plenty of storage, decent performance for my wife and very safe for the new baby so we don't have any complaints.

Just thought I would introduce myself while I am here. My name is Dan and I am from Plattekill, NY. Going to be a stay at home dad soon. Have been a Mopar fan ever since I could drive. I am married with a newborn baby girl. I just signed up to the board so I will be around here for the next 5 years atleast.

Thanks,

Dan

Welcome. I will give ya the run down on just a few things to change or upgrade to keep everything smooth.

OEM brakes suck. Look for lots of brake dust and needing replaced from 8k-20k miles. I suggest change to ceramic dust free :)

OEM windshield wipers suck as well. Go ahead and grab some Anco's.

OEM headlights are decent, but would suggest brighter halogen or HID's like a few members have done, and mine will be installed soon as well. (thread on these in accessories)

That is pretty much all of the bad. Everything is fine, may have to get use to the cruise control when in 6th gear with 5mph +/- flux. If you have ANY questions, just ask :)

Good advice. I did notice the headlights on the Journey were much better than what I had on my former vehicle, a 2000 Dodge Caravan. But I would like to get the HID lights too. Good luck with your Journey and I hope your better half lets you drive it now and then!

Thanks guys!! As I said we picked it up Monday and love it so far. I don't like the feel of the brakes but she says they are fine so if she is happy then I am happy. As for the headlights, they are a lot brighter than the headlights from her Rav4. It is a huge difference. We haven't had a chance to use the wipers yet so I can't speak for those. But overall we love the car. The dual climate control is great for us because she likes it cooler and I like it warmer. We will be putting it to the test next week because we have to make a trip out to Boston which is about 3 and 1/2 hours away so we will see how that goes.

Thanks,

Dan