Is the REQ radio Sirius ready?

My understanding about the lifetime subscriptions is that they are "lifetime" for the life of only that radio, not your lifetime. Your new Journey radio would have a different radio ID, and therefore would not be valid with your lifetime subscription.

REN/REQ/RER/RES/REU radios can be SAT equipped (you'll have a SAT button on the left side), but I don't think you'll be able to add your own SAT tuner if that is what you are asking.

At least that's how I understand it....hope this helps.

From the Sirius side of it, radios don't last forever. I think you can have your lifetime subscription transferred from one receiver to another if need be. Since we've had 2 inexpensive Sirius freestanding models burn out on us, I'd be pretty pissed if that lifetime sub. died with my radio.

From the Sirius website:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SIRIUS SUBSCRIBERS

Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective. A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or plug & play receiver is transferable from one receiver to another receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. Each permitted transfer of a Subscription is subject to a transfer fee. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription from one receiver to another or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee. The current transfer fee is set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., the receiver is defective. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.

For what it's worth, my REQ radio came Sat-ready and activated form the dealer.

I also have a Sirius subscription for two other stand-alone units, and was curious if they would throw me a bone and credit my account if I agreed to add the new car onto my current subscription now instead of after the trial-year of service. I'll try to sell it as Sirius gets a guaranteed 3rd radio added to my subscription, or I'll just let it lapse and move my stand-alone back and forth like I did for the previous 3 years. I doubt they will, but am going to try anyhow.