AWD & spare tire

northernjourney

middle of winter we got a right rear flat, my hubby put our stock spare on, drove less than 5km to get the tire fixed. no big deal. heres the kicker 

some time later I read after having a clunk clunk clunk when I turn that its super important that all tire be exactly the same down to 2/32" 

WELL my stock spare is 6.20" smaller then my stock tires on my car !  wtf ?

anyone explain this to me? anyone noticed this?

I'm so upset the my diff/viscous coupler could be F%$#^%$ and its because of the stock spare tire ?!

i dont believe the spare had any effect with the problem you are having. first do you have awd? and if it was a problem you would have gotton a service warning light come on. i believe it is just a coincident that it happened right after. good luck on what you find out.if it would be a problem dodge wouldn't have used it.

6 hours ago, 2late4u said:

i dont believe the spare had any effect with the problem you are having. first do you have awd? and if it was a problem you would have gotton a service warning light come on. i believe it is just a coincident that it happened right after. good luck on what you find out.if it would be a problem dodge wouldn't have used it.

Have you seen this post and many more on the internet? 

driving 3.11 miles with your spare on WOULD not damage your awd, now if you drove 1 or 2  thousand miles then yes it would do damage. I would have it checked and you might find that you have a small leak in the transfer case and it as all leaked out and that might be what your problem is, ( journeys have been prone to have a problem with that seal) what is the age of your awd journey and have you had the fluids changed at the proper intervals. sorry if i offended you was just trying to help with your post as it seemed all you want to do is blame dodge. and not look for what else could have caused  the problem