Hill holder wont release.

dgncsk

2010, 2.0 crd. 6 speed double clutch 450dct getrag. When hill holder is on, which you can set it off on evic screen, while parked on a steep hill, and if i move back by shifting to R and again trying to move forward by selecting D, car resists to set off. i even tried to press throttle more and it refused to move like i forgot to release handbrake. Car is FWD and handbrake is not electric type. Another issue is, when i shift to R in a parking lot, and if i shift to D and if i do not wait for 2 seconds, car tries to set but stalls the engine as i released the clutch very early on a manual transmission. Transmission works fine on any other occasions, shifts smoothly, no vibration, no hesitation, no confusion on lower speeds. Dealer cant find any codes and wants to disassemble gearbox and look for problems... But... Last month rear right caliper stuck and overheated and i tend to find a relation between brake system,hill holder atitude and intermittent stalls during r to d set offs. Any ideas?

Edited by dgncsk

Sounds to me like possibly a sensor issue. I would inspect the corner where the brake was seized on, may have caused damage to the abs sensor or something.

Also with other makes and models hill start assist is often operated through a sensor in the clutch pedal or something. Although I have to say I'm slightly confused as you say no electric handbrake?

• 2 months later...