Issues wth my wife’s journey

Hello, like the title says I’m having issues with my wife’s 2013 Dodge Journey SXT. 

The problems started out 6 months ago. She didn’t drive it for a couple days and it wouldn’t start. I jumped it and it started fine. A couple days later the same thing. Seeing as the car was pushing 5 years old I thought it was the battery so we bought a new one for piece of mind. Problem not solved. Thought it might be the alternator, removed it and had it tested. All was fine there. The battery store replaced the battery as it was a little low (high 13volts or low 14’s). All was fine. Problem solved. I should add I was getting a CEL for low voltage.

flash forward to this week (6 months later and now summer)

it started doing it again. I’ve had to jump it 3 times now. She searched and it seems it’s a common issue among the Bluetooth module dying and the TSB for the SCCM. 

I found a video of a guy adding a ground cable from a spot that ties onto the block to the negative  battery spot on the shock tower. He said that helped. I bought a cable and installed it tonight. I’m hoping that helps and I am beyond frustrated with this issue. My wife doesn’t wanna drive it due to the fact we have a 2yo boy and she doesn’t wanna get stuck somewhere. 

If anyone can help me pinpoint this issue I’d appreciate it. 

Thanks

Edited by M0RRIS

Sounds like you are doing the typical tests for the problem. Unfortunately anything else would almost be a guess without getting a load test and see if anything is killing your battery. Definitely sounds like an electrical issue, but one person's bluetooth issue doesn't mean it's your issue. Since this could be anything from a bad battery ground to a short in the system, I would hate to try and guess. I would suggest performing a load test while removing fuses and then maybe a more extensive one.

Good luck...

I had the same issue.

I took out the air filter box, cleaned up the starter ground connection and ran a 1 gauge 36" cable from the starter bolt to the ground connector.

I also sprayed the connection to seal it from further corrosion.

So far it has totally solved my starting problems.