Tire Size questions?

Clark

So a Kumho 225/55R19 is 28.9 inches tall and 9.1 inches wide on a 7 inch wide wheel. I am trying to get a similar size for my winter tires but on a 16 inch wheel(16 steel, stock SE wheels). I found Blizzaks in 225/70R16(which is the stock SE size) which would be 28.4 inches tall and 9.0 inches wide on a 6.5 inch wide wheel. My question for you smart people is how bad will that 0.5 inch height difference affect me. Also, since the SE 16 and the SXT 19 measure almost the same, I am guessing people can put 19s on their SE without too much trouble.

Thanks in advance,

Clark

...also, can some of you winter-type folks recommend a good winter tire. I have spent the last 5 years in FL, but now I am in the "snow". I keep reading about the Blizzaks, but they are around $110 a pop but I saw Firestone Winterforce in the same size for $68 each. I don't expect a long winter, I am in West Central Germany and this is my first year here, but everyone says the winter isn't too bad.

• 1 month later...