Where are European models made?

malnik

I'm in the UK and was wondering...where was my Journey made? Surely it didnt come all the way from ....USA? Plus is it possible to get a build date from somewhere on the car?

The VW engine, is it also a VW gearbox? Which model engine is it?I have to say it seems a bit commercial vehicle like!!! Noisy.....

I'm in the UK and was wondering...where was my Journey made? Surely it didnt come all the way from ....USA? Plus is it possible to get a build date from somewhere on the car?

The VW engine, is it also a VW gearbox? Which model engine is it?I have to say it seems a bit commercial vehicle like!!! Noisy.....

From what I have read, all Journeys sold globally are built in the Toluca, Mexico manufacturing facility. They are the only plant to manufacture the Journey.

As far as I know, Toluca is where all are made. Look on the sticker inside your door, near the latch mechanism. It should show a build date and country of origin. Keep in mind the build date is probably MM-YY format.

Every evening i come home from work....and forget to look!!! Its cold outside and im not going out!!! Must remember tomorrow!!!

But if they build it over there, why dont they offer the diesel in that part of the world. Gotta be better than 20mpg...and ok, i know its not as fast as a 3.6litre...it does go well once the turbo gets turning.....

I'll update tomorrow.....

Hmmm....i guess i found out why my Journey was on special!!!! It was made 06/08. I purchased it 09/09. And it wasnt at the dealers. So it sat for 15 months somewhere...... Im a little concerned to find out where.....it was pretty harsh here last winter...then all through the English hot sunshine. Cancel that. It was a crap summer so no heat. I guess thats why it was 13,500......

And it was made i Mexico.

im from mexico. and work in chrysler mexico...we made all the journeys for the rest of the world! sorry my english isnt too good.! we are working in new features for this year...

Hi suriko! Glad to meet someone who helped make my car! Do you work on the assembly line?