Valley hitch

WREED6223

I just got done installing the Valley hitch on my RT. The correct hardware per Valley was sent with the package but it was missing something. In order to install the 2 forward horizontal bolts you need to wrap mechanics wire, real tight, around the nuts they send and fish them into place from the rear of the frame tube order to install them. The Valley customer service tech said to use your finger to hold it in place but mine aren't 8" long. brside the mufflers are in the way. So the mechanics wire did the trick. One took half an hour to line up. Then there is the 2 long, rear horizontal bolt, that you can't torque because they crush the frame. Also a pain to line up and thread the bolt into the tab nut. Had to call on the wife to work the bolt while I tried to line up the nut. Couldn't believe how long it took to install 6 bolts and nuts.

When I cool down tomorrow, Valley gets a piece of my mind. They also send the hitch in a large cardboard box that UPS commenced to punch 5 holes in and Valley said UPS was to rough with package handling. How about they stick some foam blocks in the box to hold the hitch in place for the UPS rough ride.

No recommendation for Valley Hitch. But the Husky custom mats I got for the front fit like a glove. Sweet.

Wild Bill

I have a hitch installed and I am interested in getting one of those hitch covers that lights up when you put your brakes on. The one I am looking at has the Dodge Ram symbol and lights up red. It works through your trailer hitch electrical receptacle. What I am worried about is that it looks like it could be easily stolen off the van if someone wants it. Has anyone tried these out ... do they get stolen?