Who installed after market brakes - how they doing?

I put cross drilled rotors front & back along with ceramic pads-so far so good almost zero brake dust

3 months ago

Please let us know what Pad manufacturer you used (part #, cost, and source) as well as what year and model vehicle you have (not sure if all Journey's use the same calipers).

Please let us know what Pad manufacturer you used (part #, cost, and source) as well as what year and model vehicle you have (not sure if all Journey's use the same calipers).

Raybestos pads-rotors from California off of eBay I have an 09 RT

I have a huge problem about this brakes issues , I live in Sydney Australia got a 2008 SXT model, the problem here in Sydney is that no one seems to like this vehicle as not much around driving with this kind so therefore aftermarket parts are a big headache. I checked Ebay and for some reason they don't ship overseas. I going on vacation on May 2010 in Honolulu Hawaii so just wondering if you guys know if they are selling after market ceramics brake pads over there ?

I have a huge problem about this brakes issues , I live in Sydney Australia got a 2008 SXT model, the problem here in Sydney is that no one seems to like this vehicle as not much around driving with this kind so therefore aftermarket parts are a big headache. I checked Ebay and for some reason they don't ship overseas. I going on vacation on May 2010 in Honolulu Hawaii so just wondering if you guys know if they are selling after market ceramics brake pads over there ?

I'd try contacting Raybestos directly.

Did you have to buy the "special" caliper turn in tool for the back or did you figure a workaround?

I'm curious by what you mean when you talk about a special tool. I'm close to doing brakes on my Journey, but I haven't actually looked at them yet. It was my understaning that there are just two bolts to remove and then take a C-clamp and push the piston back into the caliper. Do you know something I don't?

I'm curious by what you mean when you talk about a special tool. I'm close to doing brakes on my Journey, but I haven't actually looked at them yet. It was my understaning that there are just two bolts to remove and then take a C-clamp and push the piston back into the caliper. Do you know something I don't?

Using a C-Clamp is the case for front brakes. The rear brakes always need a special tool to "screw" the piston back into the caliper.

In the case of my G6, the rear piston had deep grooves in them. I would fit a screw driver in it to use as a wedge and would turn the piston into the caliper. But I am not sure what the piston looks like on the Journey!