*****I'VE GOT MY VIN**********

produced and in production as I type this, well that is if they are pulling 3 shifts in Mexico anyhow

I called my dealer and made mention about the Navigation being an issue and late availability. He e-mailed me back tonight (I was at the hospital, brother rushed to emerg) to say it is "IN PRODUCTION"

VIN # 3D4GH57V09T2*****

Oh Roxanne, you don't know how happy I am,........ :mail:

Rob :shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

produced and in production as I type this, well that is if they are pulling 3 shifts in Mexico anyhow

I called my dealer and made mention about the Navigation being an issue and late availability. He e-mailed me back tonight (I was at the hospital, brother rushed to emerg) to say it is "IN PRODUCTION"

VIN # 3D4GH57V09T2*****

Oh Roxanne, you don't know how happy I am,........ :mail:

Rob :shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

I am so happy for you guys!!!! :yahoo: DARN I want mine!!! I saw a commerical for the Dodge Journey for the first time tonight.

In fact I've seen 2 different ones tonight. Both Journeys were in RED!!! Lord help me, I want my Dodge Journey!! :waiting:

I am so happy for you guys!!!! :yahoo: DARN I want mine!!! I saw a commerical for the Dodge Journey for the first time tonight.

In fact I've seen 2 different ones tonight. Both Journeys were in RED!!! Lord help me, I want my Dodge Journey!! :waiting:

ah yes, glad you replied Roxanne

I was thinking of you when I was posting this topic, I was thinking, God, I hope she gets hers soon. She is going to hit the roof when she gets the news I got today :happy feet:

I haven't seen any commercials yet, not a big TV kinda guy

Rob

Glad to hear you have a VIN Rob. Hope your brother is OK!

I ordered mine on 17 Mar 08 and I will be checking with the dealer tonight to see if there is any movement.

I've only saw 2 Journeys on the streets of Ottawa so far and one was a Silver (same color I ordered) and it looked sooo nice. It was in my neighbourhood too so mine will not be the first.

I will be tracking your progress to determine time between build and arriving at your dealer.

Good Luck!

Keith

ah yes, glad you replied Roxanne

I was thinking of you when I was posting this topic, I was thinking, God, I hope she gets hers soon. She is going to hit the roof when she gets the news I got today :happy feet:

I haven't seen any commercials yet, not a big TV kinda guy

Rob

I like watching a show called Hells Kitchen. I find it sort of funny. How people can take such abuse. Anyways it takes my mind

off of things for an hour. How long do you expect it to take? Did the dealer have any idea? I'm going to VA for 10 days and hope

I have good news when I get back!! :bandance: Keep me informed Rob!

Hey all, I just got an email from my dealer, and although he didn't have a delivery date, he did confirm that:

"No delivery date yet,but the system tells me we have a good order.There are no restrictions listed on this vehicle.I will keep you posted though."

I had inquired with him as I had ordered the MyGig with nav system and wanted to know if there were any delays.

I will keep everyone posted.

RP

Hey all, I just got an email from my dealer, and although he didn't have a delivery date, he did confirm that:

"No delivery date yet,but the system tells me we have a good order.There are no restrictions listed on this vehicle.I will keep you posted though."

I had inquired with him as I had ordered the MyGig with nav system and wanted to know if there were any delays.

I will keep everyone posted.

RP

Hey RP, glad to hear, mine too will have the Nav and is rolling through the line someplace.

order was placed March14th

VIN #produced April 7th

Roxanne, sorry I do not have any of that info right now as all my extra time is at the hospital or working, just getting in now, sorry (8:12PM

will keep everyone informed and hopefully you all do the same for me

Thank you

Rob

Got my VIN yesterday 09 April 08

VIN 3D4GH57V09T2XXXXX

It was ordered on 17 March 08 but the dealer tells me it's only scheduled for build but the build only takes 24 hours so I wait some more.

My dealer tells me Chrysler hit a Home Run with this vehicle and he can't keep them on the lot. The wait time is at least a couple of weeks longer now (about 2 Months).

He has two on his lot. One is a basic SE white model and the other is one they bought from another dealer.

If you think there's a shortest now then wait for the ADs to start rolling.

Good Luck everyone but if you're thinking about one better do it now while the wait is only 2 months and don't test drive a V6 model unless you are kind or serious because if you do you will reguire your check book for a deposit.

Keith

Mine was supposed to be dropped off yesterday BUT it was put on the wrong truck-so the wait continues

Oh man, I would be hitting the roof, hang in there Larryl

Rob

Got my VIN yesterday 09 April 08

VIN 3D4GH57V09T2XXXXX

It was ordered on 17 March 08 but the dealer tells me it's only scheduled for build but the build only takes 24 hours so I wait some more.

My dealer tells me Chrysler hit a Home Run with this vehicle and he can't keep them on the lot. The wait time is at least a couple of weeks longer now (about 2 Months).

He has two on his lot. One is a basic SE white model and the other is one they bought from another dealer.

If you think there's a shortest now then wait for the ADs to start rolling.

Good Luck everyone but if you're thinking about one better do it now while the wait is only 2 months and don't test drive a V6 model unless you are kind or serious because if you do you will reguire your check book for a deposit.

I agree Keith, well said. (oh you have a PM sir)

I really liked the SXT AWD when I test drove it, so much that I did what you said, laid out the deposit right then and there.

Rob

Stopped by the dealer today and bribed the salesmanager with some Timmy's coffee (extra large double double) and chatted with him for about 45 minutes. He looked into the Journey and said I have and Estimated Shipping Date as April 22. After yaking about cars and business, we hit it off very well. He marked on my work order with pen "SAVE WINDOW STICKER". "I'll bet you want that huh?" he said um my answer was a control ya ya ya ya ya!!!!!!!!!!! he was just grinning.

I told him that this is our very first new car ever and are sooooooooooooooo excioted that I do not want to become a pest. He again laughed and said no worries, call and stop in any time and we will check into the order for you. Feels good to have the big cheese in my corner.

excitement is building Roxanne and Keith :happy feet::mail: OH GOD I CAN HARDLY SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fool:

Rob

That's great Rob! Since our VINs are close, mine should be shipped at app. the same time. "SAVE THE WINDOW STICKER" is a good idea. I think I will do the same in case it becomes a collectors item. I was expecting mine during the the week of 5th May but sooner is beter. Good Luck

Keith

That's great Rob! Since our VINs are close, mine should be shipped at app. the same time. "SAVE THE WINDOW STICKER" is a good idea. I think I will do the same in case it becomes a collectors item. I was expecting mine during the the week of 5th May but sooner is beter. Good Luck

Keith

Hey Keith, the salesmanager said because it is a factory order our names will be on the Window sticker too. Like I mentioned, it's like a "gentlemans bet" to see who gets theirs first.

:mail: <- me and you -> :rant2: ....... ;) if I get mine first

Oh you can bet we will be posting loads of pictures when it comes in. I am a shutter bug kinda guy, you should see how many pictures I have of our 2001 F150

Rob

Yep, the window sticker says "This vehicle built especially for (your first & last name)". My salesperson made a big production of pointing that out.

I always keep them, because it's good to have down the road when you sell the car and want to easily list all the options.

Hey Keith, the salesmanager said because it is a factory order our names will be on the Window sticker too.

Hey everyone, I just talked to my salesman, and he has an estimated ship date of April 24th.

kconners, maybe ours will be travelling together throurh the Ottawa Valley!!

Keep me posted if you get an updated delivery date.

Rick.

hey Rick, PM me with your Vin and I will do the same to see where abouts we are at in the production line. Keith's is ahead of mine by about 30 units,..... :banghead::hysterical:

I talked to the dealer today and mine has jumped from an "estimated" delivery date of April 23 to a "fixed" delivery date of April 23

woohoo getting closer to my driveway

Rob

Hi Rick, Rob & Everyone! I just found out my Estimated Ship date is 24 April 08. My Dealer told me that it would take about three weeks to a month before arrival so another month to wait. It will be interesting to see when Rob gets his in Edmonton because that is less distance.

My dealer has only been alloted 20 Journeys over the next three months so it looks like most people will have to go through the order process if they want one. The plant in Mexico is only operating with one shift now in order to ensure Quality Control is at its highest standard. They will slowly bring in a second shift and eventually a third shift. It is expected that the PT Cruiser, which is built in the same plant, will be phased out shortly and all efforts will be consentrated on manufacturing the Journey.

It looks like people with Journeys will be in the minority for quite some time.

Have a good night everyone!

Keith

Hey Rob, just looking at the previous posts, and noticed that you also have an '01 F-150!!

Isn't that funny, I also have an'01 F-150 XL Triton Super Cab. 124K on it, but being a 2WD is the reason I am buying this for my wife. She doesn't like driving it in the winter. The '98 Windstar will soon be retired.

I will stop into the dealership today when I am in town and get the VIN.

RP

Hey Rob, just looking at the previous posts, and noticed that you also have an '01 F-150!!

Isn't that funny, I also have an'01 F-150 XL Triton Super Cab. 124K on it, but being a 2WD is the reason I am buying this for my wife. She doesn't like driving it in the winter. The '98 Windstar will soon be retired.

I will stop into the dealership today when I am in town and get the VIN.

RP

Hey Rick, that is cool ( can I say that still at 42 yrs old :hysterical: ) My F150 is my baby it has 254,000k on it. Here is the actual vehicle,...

2001 F150 XLT 7700 Series Supercab Shortbox 4X4 color is Arizona Beige, this is why we ordered the Journey in Light Sandstone, so the colors would match, sorta. I have done alot to the truck, Drop down DVD, thumpin Pioneer stereo, wheels, had custom decals made in the States "Harley off road edition" along with the harley flame decals. I get alot of people asking when did Ford produce an off road edition and I tell them I made it this way. Lightning LED 3rd brake light, TYC Rear taillights, Lightning headlights and Harley front corner lights, custom power sliding towing mirrors, steel cowl induction hood. I'll have to dig out the CD for a picture or 2

Hey Keith A MONTH TO SHIP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are they using pony expres????? Icorumba I like the idea that the journey will take awile to get on the streets. Hopefully we are the only ones in our neighborhood with one for a while. Crap A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boy oh boy, Mr. Impatient as my wife calls me has no choice but to be patient, A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored::banghead::censored:

ah well, at least Journeyowner1 says it is worth the wait

Hey Rick, no plans for the Journey other than getting some running boards/stepbars or YUK,...mudflaps. I hate the Ventshades as well and just like you say, takes the lines away. I am sure as there are more Journey owners, aftermarket parts will slowly be available. One thing I would like to see is some Projector headlights or HID headlights. I've got to get my photoshop up and running on my new computer and play with some dodge stripping. Nothing outragous at all but very subtle

Rob

Oh I will try and load some pictures today of my F150

OH my gosh you guys! I have been reading all your posts, and mine is sitting at the dealer waiting, and begging, for me to pick it up! I feel your pain completely!

I had ordered it mid-March and they told me that they were hoping it would arrive by May, it was in last Tuesday, and I can't get it yet as I have a payment still due on my Freestar. We also had a 98 Windstar, an 01 Windstar, we have a f250, that my husband won't give up on, and he had a Toyota 4X4. Now that's weird!

Haven't seen the commercial here in Canada, but was in Buffalo a couple of weekends ago and every other commercial was for the Journey!

Will have to go 'visit' it again, and get the Vin so that I can find out more about it on the website (?).

Excited for all of us,

Angie

Hey Angie, you were asking about tinting the Journey windows, well my truck (just above) has had the driver's and passenger's window done since I owned the truck and never had an issue of being stopped,........... YET!!!!!!!! knock on wood. we live in an area that has alot of squad cars running around with no issues.

we are excited for you guys too :happy feet:

Rob