No Journey for me, waaaahhh

So I go to the dealership and decide if I get the same salesman, be nice, if I test it and it works out, fine. Everything I told the guy it needed to test it again (gas, new battery) he didn't do. So we head to the gas station he has to use, and it's packed. I told him that I could test the other grey 2013 NEW SXT with 222 miles, that magically appeared today (hmmm). We test it I like it, so give me prices for both.

Sales mgr flicks the calculator a couple of times, asks if I'm trading in my vehicle, I said yes. he tells the salesman to start the paper work. HUH? No price? "Oh, I need to get a price on your vehicle to make sure you get top dollar." So I figured go along with it, they need to value it anyway.

Basic paperwork, my license, insurance.... Then wants me to fill out a credit app. HUH? I don't need that, as I may just pay for it, I was only financing to get a couple of extra credit points for a few months of financing. Well then, fill this out. What's that? An identity sheet. HUH? I know who I am, a lady that wants prices on 2 vehicles! I left and said when they have a price to call me. I haven't heard from them since.

That's almost as bad as when the Nissan salesman was charging me $595 for appearance package. When I asked him what appearance package, he pointed to the tires and said "see those blue caps, it's nitrogen, that, and wheel locks." I laughed at him, pointed to my truck and said "see the truck?, see the caps on the truck tires? nitrogen, I didn't even pay $595 for 4 brand new tires with nitrogen!"

I'd rather have root canal, then try and buy a car!

Thanks jkeaton, If anyone would have said I wasn't coming home with a vehicle today I would have said "HA, watch me!" That's how certain I was. No sense in telling me in the end you only wanted to take 2K off of the sticker price. I would have gladly said "thank you very much, I'll look elsewhere." I can drive to Atlanta if I have to, makes no difference to me.

I can remember the time when salespeople (not just cars) were knowledgeable, professional and people oriented. Unfortunately it's been turned into a high pressure job instead of a profession. Too many don't know the product and the customers have done their homework before stepping into the dealership and aren't easily fooled. That's why this and other forums are so important. I joined this site months before we bought our Journey and thanks to the folks here, I had a lot of my concerns addressed. I knew what I wanted and I was fortunate enough to find a salesperson and a good dealership which made my purchasing experience worthwhile. The bad apples make it tough on the good ones. Consider how helpful Journeyman 425 has been to everyone on this forum. He works at a dealership and I'm sure he's not the only good apple at the dealers. I've had bad service on occasion but for the most part I have been treated well, so don't let a few bad experiences leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Edited by rolly

Consider how helpful Journeyman 425 has been to everyone on this forum. He works at a dealership and I'm sure he's not the only good apple at the dealers.

If I had someone like Journeyman425 at my dealership I'd get my DJ serviced their regularly and probably be a lifer at that dealership. Unfortunately, the 3 dealerships I've gone to I can't seem to bond with any of them so I do the maintenance work at home. At least I have a good relationship with the parts guys! :)

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Yes, it's unfortunate some sales people ruin it for others. This forum, the internet, and having worked at a dealership in the past, I know what goes on. Rest his soul, the man I worked for made sure he took cash deals on everything from service to cars, down payments, whatever he could get his hands on. Then shut the doors, filed bankruptcy, no one got anything back.

I just don't understand if they have 3 new 2013 DJ's why not sell them? I can understand that maybe the dealer incentive to sell a 2015 is higher, but I don't need the dog watching Lassie in the back seat on DVD, she's spoiled enough. I can see her laying on the fold down seat next to me though :lol:

Oh and the identity form is when people are exchanging cash, personal checks over 10K, so that they can track where the money came from. If you're getting a cashiers check, your bank knows where you got that money, the dealership doesn't need to track you.

• 3 months later...