Can someone tell me why we as Canadians are FORCED to purchase AWD if you want to buy a 2013 RT?

Dodge.com price and build gives you the option of FWD or AWD but not in Canada.

What reason is this other than adding $4000 to the price ?

We are really being screwed by the automakers in this country guess I'll be hanging on to my 09 RT FWD which I guess is a rarity in Canada- yikes

I'm glad to have the AWD with our winters, and content to pay the extra price for it. I agree an option for it or not would be better, but I'd rather to "forced" to have AWD over FWD any day. Imagine wanting the R/T and only being able to get it in FWD, if that was the case I would've went for the Caravan instead.

• Official Dodge Support

Can someone tell me why we as Canadians are FORCED to purchase AWD if you want to buy a 2013 RT?

Dodge.com price and build gives you the option of FWD or AWD but not in Canada.

What reason is this other than adding $4000 to the price ?

We are really being screwed by the automakers in this country guess I'll be hanging on to my 09 RT FWD which I guess is a rarity in Canada- yikes

larryl,

That is correct; we only offer the R/T in AWD for the 2012 and 2013.

In Canada and we are continually changing and updating our product line-up, however, as disclosed on our sites and in our literature, Chrysler Canada reserves the right to change or delete options without prior notice or obligation.

These occurrences are kept to a minimum; however, many factors come in to play when it comes to specific feature being available in Canada vs. the US.

In order to determine which features will be optional or standard, extensive market research is conducted and vehicle equipment is determined by popular demand and by market competitiveness.

I hope that provides some clarity for you.

In order to determine which features will be optional or standard, extensive market research is conducted and vehicle equipment is determined by popular demand and by market competitiveness.

So, to translate from "corporate talk" to "normal words", they figure most people who are putting out 'R/T money' in Canada with our 11 months of winter ;) :cold: are going to opt for the AWD anyways so it isn't worth offering the FWD.

I dont understand the "logic"

If you want leather seating you have to get AWD in Canada?

They have far worse winter weather in the Dakotas and far away places like that in the good old USA and they HAVE the option FWD or AWD

Who are the knuckleheads that do this so called "extensive" research?

Which is pretty much if you live in Canada you will pay more and like it

Why not give the leather option in the Crew then?

Thanks for your reply Dodges CACares this reply is not directed at you

Dodge makes a product for the USA that I cant even buy and its thousands less -- great marketing

• 3 weeks later...