Navigation Voice Turned Spanish After Update

2 hours ago, NavalLacrosse said:

You'll need to get an extractor program to convert .rar to useable files.

Are you familiar with a .zip folder?

.rar is very similar to .zip

.rar is a  file-compression protocol  designed by a russian programmer (don't let that scare you, it's legit, and safe).  [.rar] is a bit more complex an encryption than .zip, and  takes more effort to decompress than .zip, which also makes it's contents unsearchable. is often the preferred encryption method for sending... let's just say... proprietary, 'but without permission', data over the internet. usually, textbooks for university students, bootleg software which people don't want to pay for, or in this case a firmware for a car that should be only available at the dealership.

You can download a trustworthy .rar converter from cnet, then use it to extract the contents of the .rar

Got it to work downloaded winrar from CNET now just need a good copy of CTP17

After installing CTP13 it had no audio so I contacted infotainment and advised them I reinstalled CTP17 in which it came up as audio Deutsch this time instead of Spanish. So after a out 10 mins of messing around with setting I was able to finally get it to English unbeknownst to me how but I did.

• 3 years later...

Here is how I fixed, same issue, updated the radio then the garmin software all of a sudden navigation was in english. What happened i think was a english language file was overwritten with a spanish one, not sure why. I redownloaded the new software mentioned above, and went into the dealers menu, (youtube how, but volume up/down and front defrost same time), then went to system restore, put in my usb drive with the garmin folder csd or whatever file, and updated. Once done, went into navigation, took forever for it to load, but when it finally did it was back to english.

OK here is how i fixed this exact issue and you don't need to do anything crazy. First go to the dodge uconnect site, download the uconnect update for your VIN, extract it to a USB stick. Go to your vehicle. Go to the "dealer menu" by holding temperature up, temperature down, and front defrost buttons, press all three and release after a moment, it brings you to the dealer menu. This is where you would normally setup various software options. Go to system restore or something like that, and restore the software. It will ask you for a DVD or USB, put the applicable thing in, in this case a USB stick (you can use a dvd or cd if you have one of them allegedly). It will restore the software off of that. Once that is done, exit the menu. Then hit the naviagtion icon. THe software will say "loading software" or something for a good while. Once this is done, everything is magically back to english.

In my case, what happened initially was the maps were locked due to a corrupted file of some kind. I downloaded map updates from garmin but they couldn't be installed without a software update to uconnect. I downloaded that same update, but installing the update through the user method, ie just plugging it in and responding yes to the install popup, I believe got something crossed, or copied a file over another file. After the update, which took several tries because reasons, I then was able to install the map update, that is when i noticed everything was in spanish. After researching this problem for literally 2 years, I began looking for factory reset options, and eventually came across the dealer menu which supports a factory reset, but you need a software package to reset to. So I don't think the update file was actually flawed, but if your software gets a hiccup and you update it, it just gets worse. Restore the system using the update, and you should be good.