Journey discussion VS other vehicles

04redmach1

I look through all the issues just YOU guys have posted with breaks, sunroof leaking and many other issues.

Surendettement

Not many of these are on the roads but so many issues with everyone here it sounds like.

Ellaine

The 09's had a lot of issues, was the first model as well. The 10's are better and only issue I have is the brakes. The brake dust leaves me to believe that the brakes are still crappy. Other than that, I think all issues were solved, reason I bought mine :)

I look through all the issues just YOU guys have posted with breaks, sunroof leaking and many other issues.

Surendettement

Not many of these are on the roads but so many issues with everyone here it sounds like.

Ellaine

I echo 04redmach1's sentiment that I think most, if not all the '09 issues have been addressed in the '10's. Doesn't mean we wont run into other problems, but so far, so good. The jury is still out on the brakes, but even there it is just a soft material issue and not a fundamental design flaw. At least now we know to keep an eye on them before they turn into a bigger problem (e.g. warped rotors). That's what forums like this are great for.

I think the Journey was bit by bad timing. It was launched at a very tumultuous time in the company history and it didn't help that upper management knew nothing about running a car company. Management's been changed, they've acknowledged their faults and they say they're doing something about it. Only time will tell but anecdotal evidence offers no reason to doubt them.

I DO know, however, that you can get some really killer deals on Journeys right now. Forget MSRP - if you're not getting at least 15-20% off, you're not getting a good deal. You could probably do even better if you try hard or are lucky.