60 mile report...

parkgrange

Picked up my silver steel 2.0 SXT yesterday from Kings in Manchester, UK. First impressions are good - like the size of the car, the space, the compartments that are everywhere, the stereo, the driving position, the endless seating configurations, the look of the interior and the electric wing mirrors.

I've got a few reservations about the drive (felt a bit seasick after 30 miles driving home along windy country roads), the power (which I spose is to be expected), the fuel economy (averaging 30.1 at the mo), and the sunglasses compartment (which seems to struggle to close properly).

Nearly had a heart attack at 3am this morning when the alarm went off... Since then its gone off shortly after locking the doors every time. Reading on here has been useful and it looks like its a common problem so i'll be booking it in to be looked at shortly.

Overall i'm very happy with the car after only 60 miles. I'll reserve judgement and report back after i've got some more miles on the clock.

She's in having the windows tinted at the moment. I'm looking to get some reverse parking sensors installed shortly if anyone has any recommendations or tips on fitting?

The alarm going off is apparantly common with the UK Journeys. The fix is two extra sensors fitted to the roof lamps in the 2nd and 3rd row. this should take less than an hour to fit.

We had Dodge parking sensors fitted before we picked the car up. Maybe there are cheaper alternatives but I couldn't be bothered to investigate. Also accessories fitted before delivery get a 3 year warranty. If they are fitted once you've taken the car then they only get 1 year.

I assume you've got the Diesel? When new we we getting about 30mpg around town and about 35 on a run. Nearly 5000 miles later it's up to 35 town and the best we've had is 42mpg on a distance -we've got the R/T Auto, manual should be a bit better.

Cheers!

Thanks for that - i'd picked up on the alarm fix from your posts so will be booking it in at the dealer asap. Good point about the accessories, I never thought of that but the sensors were less than £50 and I might have a go at fitting them myself - What could possibly go wrong ? :banghead:

Yes, i've got the diesel. Up to now i've only driven it home between Manchester and Sheffield and through town this morning so i'll wait a few months to see how the MPG settles.

Just picked it up from having the back windows tinted so the contents of the boot aren't so obvious. Cost £150 and i'm Very happy with how it looks now.