Problems after filling up

turtleshead67

Hi,

Just got a new Journey, had it a month and everytime I have filled up with diesel, I seem to get an intermittent problem. Within the first 40 miles, it seems like it runs hotter than normal and the fan is on, then there is an occasional 'cough' or slight misfire when at low revs and accelerating. I seem to notice it more on my way home when coming off the motorway doing a steady 65mph in cruise...anybody had a similar problem or can shed some light on this peculiar circumstance? Incidentally, I have been using decent fuel from Shell since I purchased it to avoid cheaper supermarket stuff!! :angry22:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've had my journey for a year now and mine coughs and splutters aswell.it only happens once in a while but it realy gets on my nerves.been back to dealer a few times but no joy, because it's intermittent it's never done it when I've left it at the dealers.guess I've just got to put up with it. Infact I'm pretty much disappointed in the whole engine. It's very noisey,rugh, unresponsive at low revs and stiff cluth. The clutch is very graty and you can feel the vibration when letting the pedal out, this is a common problem on a lot of vw models and vw don't seem to have done much about it.I'm still quite pleased with the car,even with it's problems.I think next time I might go back to a Honda,even if they do look boring.

Yep, a diesel filter regeneration, alright.... pain in the backside they are... and yet Chrysler do not acknowledge that the Journeys actually have them......... let alone the fact that the diesels have this regen problem... funny when other diesel users of the 2.0L VAG (VW) engine will admit they have random cars with regen problems... and actually get the dealer staff to advise about it, and Chrysler, " well if we do not tell the dealer, they cant tell the customer, and in turn WE DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM"!!!!!

3 wise monkeys springs to mind!!!