Audio system not reading full USB

Just picked up a 2015 Journey SXT. I've noticed that there seems to be some sort of limit on the music it will read from USB

The drive is formatted FAT32, 32Gb. I've tried a few different methods of folder organization, but it never gets past bands with the letter P.

Seems to be between 1600 & 1900 songs where it craps out. Has anyone run into this? Is there a simple way to fix this that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Pry

When I had my iPhone 5s, I loaded my iTunes Library onto the phone (2100+ songs). It would play all the songs, but display no art, and I had no control on how to choose a song. I figured out how to copy my iTunes Library onto an SD card, and it does everything an iPod/iPhone is supposed to do except display art downloaded from iTunes. This is as good as it gets, I guess.

I can pick songs, make playlists, and it displays art and all of the information pertaining to the song/album. If I touch "play similar softkey" it will play a song that it thinks is similar. Needs more training on this one!

I have considered dropping my itunes library over.....cover art isn't a dealbreaker....

Frustrating because everything looks great, I just can't get past the P section!

Just strange that it ALWAYS stops at 1846, and I can't find a way to "clear the cache"...'

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

D

I've tried loading the music with Mac and Windows, in sub folders, in the main folder, FAT32, NTFS and STILL it stops between 1400 and 1800...always around the letter P.

Surely I can't be the only one who has ever encountered this.....

When I had my iPhone 5s, I loaded my iTunes Library onto the phone (2100+ songs). It would play all the songs, but display no art, and I had no control on how to choose a song. I figured out how to copy my iTunes Library onto an SD card, and it does everything an iPod/iPhone is supposed to do except display art downloaded from iTunes. This is as good as it gets, I guess.

I can pick songs, make playlists, and it displays art and all of the information pertaining to the song/album. If I touch "play similar softkey" it will play a song that it thinks is similar. Needs more training on this one!

Did you just copy the iTunes folder directly over to the SD? I tried on a USB, but it wouldn't read anything.

Thanks

D

No, sadly, you just can't do that. I do not remember the steps. Google: How to Back up your iTunes Library to an external HD. You have to create a folder in Music, and copy the iTunes Library Folder into that new folder. There are certain steps. It is not drag and drop! Then you can copy this folder to the SD card. After doing this, it still will not work until you do this: Keep the SD card in your computer. There will be a bunch of folders under iTunes. Two or three of these folders are just code. Delete these folders and you should be good to go. Mine plays all 2100+ songs - no issues.

It will display all Art, unless you downloaded songs/CDs from iTunes. Once an Art File is on iTunes, it become a proprietary file belonging to Apple, and will only display on an Apple Product. So, the art will show up on a iPhone or iPod, but not the radio. Maybe it will on the new generation of radios which incorporate Apple Play.

I'm still not sure how to add new music, without doing this all over again!

Edited by dhh3

So the latest update.

I took all the files, named and tagged them to my liking, and put them into the main folder of the USB, using Windows (I guess I had never tried this exact combination) and it worked.

3315 files all read, tagged, most have cover art, some don't for some unknown reason (i'm guessing sizing issues)

Anyways, thanks for the help. I still may do the iTunes thing on an SD card if the cover art becomes a major eyesore.

D

I know that the Art is an insignificant issue to some, but it is a big deal for me. If it is supposed to work, then it had better work. I wish that Dodge had kept the HDs on the radios. Glad that you got it all sorted out.

I just purchased some new CDs, so I am going to have to do this all over again!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought iTunes for dummies. When I originally copied all of my CDs to my computer, some did not display art. If you right click on the album in your iTunes Library, there is a line: Get Album Art. Initially, I found art on the iTunes Store, but because they are an Apple file, they will not display on the radio: only another Apple product. Back to square one.

Now, if you happen to have a scanner, printer, you can scan the original CD art and put it in a file on your desk top. Save it as a .jpg (your scanner should ask you how you want to save it). Give the file the name of the CD to make things easy. Then, right click on the album in the iTunes Library, click Get Album Art and choose the art that you just scanned! Bingo.

Now, I have to look at all of my albums on my SD card that do not display art, and scan the CD covers. Reload the SD card, and I should be good to go!