Change personal settings without EVIC?

I have gone through the manual to look for steps to change personal settings like beep on lock, unlock all doors with driver's door, etc. All I can find is directions on how to do this with the EVIC menu system. Since I have the SXT, I only have the basic display, not the full EVIC.

In my previous Dodge vehicles, there was a set of steps to change these settings involving turning the key a certain number of times, etc.

Is there any way to change these personal settings without the EVIC system?

I have gone through the manual to look for steps to change personal settings like beep on lock, unlock all doors with driver's door, etc. All I can find is directions on how to do this with the EVIC menu system. Since I have the SXT, I only have the basic display, not the full EVIC.

In my previous Dodge vehicles, there was a set of steps to change these settings involving turning the key a certain number of times, etc.

I too have an SXT and was wondering the same thing...after reviewing the manual, I determined we're stuck with the factory defaults...no modifying available for us it looks like.

Hi,

I have the SXT and you do have some control. The instructions are in Section 1, Things to Know Before Starting Your Vehicle. Under Remote Keyless Entry page 20-24, look for the instructions that say for vehicles not equipped with EVIC. You have unlock options, illuminate approach, flash lights and sound horn.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! The headings in the Table of Contents lead me to believe it was only about the remote, so I skipped it. And, my old Dodge Ram manual had instreuctiosn for both options in the same place, so I figured they would be together.

anyway, that was the right info and I was able to change the settings. Thanks again.