My Journey so far

johny1fin

Hi,

Got my Journey on 25th June.

Done about 800 miles.

Took back to dealers second day as wife phoned me at work as I arrived to say oil all over the drive.

Looked under car and there was a lots of drips.

Dealer got it on ramp and said its only the air con run off. He showed me the pipe. He laught and I felt daft and sculked off to work/home.

Wife still says new car is leaking oil but it must be from my old car.

Any way............

Its a UK spec 2.0 diesel CRD SXT 6 speed auto in Black. This is a volkswagon engine/gearbox.

Its a pre reg, cost only £15000 and has sat nav/mygig etc. but no rear DVD screen.

Mygig is great and yesterday I upgraded to lastest software, which is behind USA spec. (App 8.119 and GN 1289)

Thinking about doing a remapping as its only 138HP and 229 lb ft. This I am told will typically add 30hp and 60 NM and up to 20% mpg

Currently does 30-36MPG but want to get this up to 40-45MPG.

Went to Florida in May for second time and had a Grand Voyager for second time hence now a Dodge.

Yes that's why we have diesel in UK (diesel is £1.06/Litre and rising, about £80 to fill tank, not the $35 as per May.) Its a bit noisy though as soundproofing is not that great.

Any tips on soundproofing in the Journey?

Anyone done a remapp in the Journey diesel?

What more can I say, the car is great if I can address the last 2 bits.

All the best for the future of this site.

Regards

John

I'm sure my Diesel R/T has got quieter. It's done 2500 miles, and the mpg is geting better too!

Good to see another UK Journey exists! Not many of us about -how many looks do you get?

Cheers

I think there are now quiet a few given the discounts on pre reg cars.

My mate has one and lives 1 mile away. Only differenece is the nunber plate.

What mpg are you getting? Mine has gone from 27 mpg to 33-36mpg in two weeks and should get 40+

I may get a remapp soon to get 10-20% more.

Have you fitted any extras? towbar especially, dealer did not want to know.

John

I started getting about 27mpg around town. It's now up to about 34. I havn't been on any long trips in it yet but so the best I got was just under 39mpg on a 20 mile run, and that was when the car was about a week old. I'm sure the mpg is better if you use the autostick around town, especially on roads with lots of speed bumps. It saves the gearbox changing up and down all the time. Just bung it in 3rd or 4th and ride over the lot of them!

The only extras I put on it were scuff plates, splash guards and a stainless steel exhaust tail pipe trim from Halfords. (normally £27 but I paid £20 as it was the last ex display one). I also had the dealer put on 'chrome' number plate surrounds.

358668487.jpg

358668477.jpg

358668495.jpg

359016046.jpg

359016065.jpg

362185312.jpg

362185298.jpg

I started getting about 27mpg around town. It's now up to about 34. I havn't been on any long trips in it yet but so the best I got was just under 39mpg on a 20 mile run, and that was when the car was about a week old. I'm sure the mpg is better if you use the autostick around town, especially on roads with lots of speed bumps. It saves the gearbox changing up and down all the time. Just bung it in 3rd or 4th and ride over the lot of them!

The only extras I put on it were scuff plates, splash guards and a stainless steel exhaust tail pipe trim from Halfords. (normally £27 but I paid £20 as it was the last ex display one). I also had the dealer put on 'chrome' number plate surrounds.

358668487.jpg

358668477.jpg

358668495.jpg

359016046.jpg

359016065.jpg

362185312.jpg

362185298.jpg

Thanks for the update BAC.

It is looking good.

My Mileage is following yours at 27 to start then 34 now after 900 miles.

Will post up some photos of mine when I have cleaned it up, perhaps this weekend(If I find out how that is, do you need to load onto another site first?)

I am going scuba diving in Weymouth from Chesterfield 7-9 August so will update mileage after that.

Will have 3-4 men + camping gear + 3-4 sets of dive gear so it will be a good test.

May even have upgraded mapping by then.

John

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have got an offer for mapping for 275 pounds, they say that the mapping is undetectable... is that affecting warranty, do I need to tell insurer?

Also apparently who ever does the mapping has got access to car immobiliser files and potentially if this data are passed to someone the car might be easily stolen.

Regards,

Pavo