DJ 2010 RES Upgrade to RB2 Done (urgent questions)

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded from a RES on my SXT which had no screens, a local auto salvage is stripping a 2015 R/T fitted with the following which i would like to strip and fit in my 2010 SXT but i am not sure if they will work or fit:

1. Towbar - If this does fit is there a plug connecting the towbar to the harness, if so were is it located.

2. Uconnect Module - Will the 2015 module work on my new RB2 unit, will it be able run rear camera and PDC once installed.

3. Roof screen, AMP & SUB - to run this, will i have to strip the entire harness or can i get a connection harness plug?

4. RB2 Update - My current software is 41.00.02 can i update and which is the most current update for my RB2.

Looking forward to all your feedback.

• 4 months later...

I believe that you have the old style dash. These new radios are not like the older units. The screens are a separate unit from the radio itself, and without major reconstruction to your dash, I do not believe they will work. Try and find the latest MyGig that you can. Last I knew, the software was vs 50.1. I'm guessing that the camera and harness should plug into the MyGig, and you get the benefit of a 30 GB HD. The new radios eliminated the HD. You can not store any music on these radios. You have to use an SD Card, or iPod, or phone. A huge mistake IMHO. You would have to find a Blutooth module compatible with the MyGig. Some of the newer MyGigs had the Bluetooth built into the radio.

Try this website and give them a call: oemautopartsco.com. They specialize in Mopar radios.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried updating system to 50.01.07 with no success on my current radio MYGIG RB2, through a lot of searching i have released the MYGIG LOCKPICK kit is the only option to activate all futures on my radio, its quite expensive for me here in South Africa to buy and ship it here.

If you or anyone knows of other options to add rear/front camera and video out on my RB2 please share with me.