Silver Steel R/T

JKJavelin

This is my 1st post on this forum.

I was going to wait another year to buy a new (or almost new) car, but after looking at what kind of deals they're having now, I decided to buy now. Though I've been getting Chrysler products for a while now, when I started looking around to see what I wanted- I had a 2000 Cirrus- I liked the new Malibu, Fusion, Lincoln MKZ and Taurus. My wife drives a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT which I find very comfortable. I hadn't even thought of the Journey since I was looking only at cars when one day recently while driving home from work, one stopped next to me at a light and I thought it looked interesting. So, I started checking out the different trim lines available and what options I might want.

On Friday May 8th, I stopped by the dealer where I bought our Caravan from to see what incentives were going on now and the salesman showed me the R/T in front of the showroom. I kinda checked it out, grabbed a brochure and went home telling him I might stopped by for a test drive the next day.

Well, the next day my wife and I took it for about an hour drive and I decided I liked it and it had most of the options I wanted. It would have been nice to have the top end stereo, but the one in it is fairly decent.

The deals they're making on new cars these days are too good to pass up and I got a fantastic deal on this Journey, so we bought this one the same day.

We've had it 4 weeks now and I like it. About the only negatives with it are the poor placement of the gauges and mediocre gas mileage: about 17 mpg so far.

JK