2015 Journey TPMS and 22" wheel question

Justin77

hello, I have a 2015 journey crossroads color black and plan to put it on black 22 inch wheels with 265-35-22 tires. My question is will the tpms still work? I would really like to keep tpms on my factory 19" wheels as well, I've searched ebay and found i can get oem toms on there for around 40 bucks. is there anything else ill need? will the toms work with my wheel and tire choices etc?

They ought to work if you get the right ones. There are a number of different versions, so getting the right sensors is key.

The vehicle auto-learns the serial numbers and location, so you should have no problems.

Make certain the wheels and tires you want fit the vehicle before you spend your money.

Edited by bramfrank

I bought a set of 5 sensors off of Ebay and had them airfreighted to my door in New Zealand for 100 bucks all up in our money. Had them installed in my new set of 20s and everything works fine. The valves/sensors should fit anywhere a standard type valve stem goes - they are the standard pull through rubber type.

Previously the tire shop had damaged a sensor on my stock rims while fixing a puncture. They replaced it with a genuine one from the local Dodge dealer - $422.00 for one sensor! :cry:

Thanks guys, I was going to order the wheel and tire package from a wheel shop that said that i can fit 265-35-22 tires. I found the rims on ebay and they say for Dodge Journey. will order the tires from ebay as well then have a local shop install them here in mississippi. out of curiosity do you guys no of any negatives to running 265-35-22 tires as opposed to 255-35-22. Ive read on here that the 265s rub but that 265-35-22 wouldn't rub. any information is appreciated. BTW, I also ordered a high low hid kit as well, hopefully that helps driving at night as my journeys stock headlights don't put out much light,.