Towing with a journey

72Challenger

Hello All

I bought a 2009 Journey for my wife about 2 months ago and we are both quite pleased. It is very quiet and smooth and after driving a Jeep Cherokee for 13 years it is quite different. Hope it lasts as long. My question is I want to haul a motorcycle when we go on vacation this year and interested in anyone's experience pulling a trailer with the Journey. Mine did not come with the towing package.

I installed a Curt Hitch and pull my 14.5' fishing boat (loaded) with no issues. I also pulled a heavy tent trailer 3000 + lbs...with no issues.

I have the 3.4L engine.

I have towed my 17.5 foot Larson runabout several times now with my Journey RT. It tows just fine but it is difficult to see any traffic that is directly behind the boat. The car's side view mirrors don't extend far enough from the car body to get a view of what is behind the boat. Any ideas on how to remedy this?

My SXT Journey (with 2.0L Diesel) pulls my 12 foot general duty trailer (max up 2500lbs) with great ease, and with the anti sway and hill assist we get in the UK it is so far the best load lugger i have ever driven...

i bought it as a working vehicle, and to tow when larger materials are needed, and (apart from the 2 times its gone wrong-warranty fixes) it has more than lived up to my expectations as a working vehicle... so much better than a flaming noisy van!!

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

My SXT Journey (with 2.0L Diesel) pulls my 12 foot general duty trailer (max up 2500lbs) with great ease, and with the anti sway and hill assist we get in the UK it is so far the best load lugger i have ever driven...

i bought it as a working vehicle, and to tow when larger materials are needed, and (apart from the 2 times its gone wrong-warranty fixes) it has more than lived up to my expectations as a working vehicle... so much better than a flaming noisy van!!

DSCF0280.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

Thanks all for the information. The Journey has more backbone than I thought. I have not heard of a 2.0 diesel offered in the US. That is interesting to know

Thanks