HID Kit

I was wonder if anyone has install a hid kit on there journey yet if so do you need to daytime running light module?

I'm planning to put HID soon. The DRL are on the high beam, so this is not a problem. The only thing that can cause a problem is the computer. On some Dodge, you need a module to bypass the computer and on some others, you don't need it.

Just install hid kit 6000k look awesome you don't need daytime light module

Did you need to put something special to bypass an error message from the computer and is it causing problems when you unlock the doors and the headlight comes on (illuminate approach)? It should be a lot brighter than the OEM lights!?

Did you buy a kit from eBay (which one)?

Did you need to put something special to bypass an error message from the computer and is it causing problems when you unlock the doors and the headlight comes on (illuminate approach)? It should be a lot brighter than the OEM lights!?

i didn't use a bypass just plug them in and that it 100 times brighter then oem i bought at a car customizing place for 130.00

• 4 weeks later...

What is the brand and name of the kit? Did you install it yourself? Put up some pics. I'm a little skeptical to buy one, don't want it to affect the warranty on electrical. Did you do both hi and low beam?

What is the brand and name of the kit? Did you install it yourself? Put up some pics. I'm a little skeptical to buy one, don't want it to affect the warranty on electrical. Did you do both hi and low beam?

had to install a voltage stablizer and a cap to get hid to get a constant 12 volt to the balister i only did low beam as high beam need a day time light module. Aodelin hid kit cost 130 canadian

Why would you want to shut off DRL, they run on the high beams. Just install HID on your low beam.

had to install a voltage stablizer and a cap to get hid to get a constant 12 volt to the balister

Are you talking about the 2 small boxes that come with the conversion kit or you had to buy a stabilizer separately to the kit?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this a good kit? Would I need to buy anything else?

http://www.vvme.com/5055w-9006hb4-hid-conv...?cPath=44_45_31

anyone once run this VVME 55W 9006 hid kit before ????i have a Journey 09..and wanna to upgrade to xenon hid bulbs recently... i searched this forum for some related post here and some guys recommend to me this 55w hid kit for low beams... but i heard that 55w might melt something... or i just stick with this 35w 9006 HID kit http://www.vvme.com/digital-slim-9006hb4-hid-conversion-kit-p-77.html?cPath=44_45_31

any suggestions will be very appreciated.......

anyone once run this VVME 55W 9006 hid kit before ????i have a Journey 09..and wanna to upgrade to xenon hid bulbs recently... i searched this forum for some related post here and some guys recommend to me this 55w hid kit for low beams... but i heard that 55w might melt something... or i just stick with this 35w 9006 HID kit http://www.vvme.com/digital-slim-9006hb4-hid-conversion-kit-p-77.html?cPath=44_45_31

any suggestions will be very appreciated.......

55 watt HIDs will be way to bright. 35 watts will be more than enough. That is one of the best things about them, less power, more light.

• 3 months later...

HIDXenonHeadlights has done the research, tested numerous HID kits and we pride ourselves on offering only the highest quality HID kits on the market today. Our customer-first approach means we work hard to keep the price low and the craftsmanship high. Offering all HID kit @ $79.99 is something not everyone can do. Not only will you not find a cheaper complete HID kit anywhere, but the unsurpassed quality of each piece in the kit makes ours the obvious choice.hid light|HID Kit

Edited by peterkesel