hiss near firewall grinding overhead aft

sd153

I just passed 1k miles on my new RT awd and already I am hearing all kinds of weird noises. It is equipped with 3rd row seating and has the 3 zone digital a/c controls. First I have a bad whine from I think either the alternator or power steering pump. Brought it in and they changed the idle pulley but that didn’t fix it. They claim they never heard of the tsb regarding the reservoir and said there was no outstanding recalls or tsb’s on my vehicle. Now I am also hearing a hiss from the dash or firewall area. It only does this when the a/c is on and lasts for 2 to 3 seconds then goes away for10 to 15 min. it seems to only do this when outside temp is below 75 F. could this be a low Freon charge or bad expansion device. Dealer says its normal but a friend has exact same journey and he doesn’t have this problem. Finally starting yesterday I am hearing a grinding noise in the rear overhead area when I turn off the a/c or manually cycle the rear from head to feet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr first time owning a dodge and not impressed so far. Is there a sight glass so i can check the freon level ??????

I dont know if its a 'recall' but there are known issues with the Journey! My power steering reservoir (sp?) has been replaced numerous times and they have changed that pulley thing also a couple times and I still get grinding noise. Its gotten so bad that I'm going to go through the buyout process, HOPEFULLY, and get this piece of junk out of my garage! I'd say go to another dealership, obviously they aren't knowledgable about their product.

I just passed 1k miles on my new RT awd and already I am hearing all kinds of weird noises. It is equipped with 3rd row seating and has the 3 zone digital a/c controls. First I have a bad whine from I think either the alternator or power steering pump. Brought it in and they changed the idle pulley but that didn’t fix it. They claim they never heard of the tsb regarding the reservoir and said there was no outstanding recalls or tsb’s on my vehicle. Now I am also hearing a hiss from the dash or firewall area. It only does this when the a/c is on and lasts for 2 to 3 seconds then goes away for10 to 15 min. it seems to only do this when outside temp is below 75 F. could this be a low Freon charge or bad expansion device. Dealer says its normal but a friend has exact same journey and he doesn’t have this problem. Finally starting yesterday I am hearing a grinding noise in the rear overhead area when I turn off the a/c or manually cycle the rear from head to feet. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr first time owning a dodge and not impressed so far.

• 1 year later...

I dont know if its a 'recall' but there are known issues with the Journey! My power steering reservoir (sp?) has been replaced numerous times and they have changed that pulley thing also a couple times and I still get grinding noise. Its gotten so bad that I'm going to go through the buyout process, HOPEFULLY, and get this piece of junk out of my garage! I'd say go to another dealership, obviously they aren't knowledgable about their product.

a year later and the noise is still there. latest dealer says its normal gear noise duhhhhhhhhhh. tranny shifts rough when cold and a/c still hisses when regulating temp. but with all these glitches i still love the journey. with all the rebates and the extended warr the dealer threw in you get more for your $$