Dodge Logo in Grille

Pipkerx

I did it and it was very easy...instructions are posted in this thread:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/2985-new-grill-emblem-with-red-stripes/?hl=emblem

you have a different grille though... I'm not positive, but I think there was a molded portion of the grille that would be left behind on the new grille design. That's why I blacked mine out instead of removing it. I thought that it would look terrible to have a flat area in the grille compared to the Dodge emblem. This is off of memory though...

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2015, I removed the emblem to see what it would look like. It really only took about 5 minutes to remove. If you loosen the grille by removing the black rivets on the top of the grill in the engine bay you can pull the grille forward enough to slide your arm down. The badge itself has 2 prongs that stick out the back. There are washer like parts that all you need to do is twist counterclockwise about half a turn and the badge will slide right off. If you plan to keep it off you could easily cut off the small molded plastic pieces to completely eliminate the brackets. I attached a picture with the badge removed but with the brackets still in place. From a distance you can't even see the little brackets.

post-10704-0-62064100-1431034174_thumb.j

They stick out like sore thumbs... I couldn't handle it personally. I suppose cutting it off is an option, but I chose to just black mine out as your never sure what the finish will be after cutting plastic. It is the only badge on my DJ, so I can deal with it.