UOA - 5,000 mile OCI

Hi All,

Thought I would share my oil analysis sheet after a 5,000 mile / 8,000 km OCI with Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 and a Bosch Premium Filter after a very cold winter. I was surprised at the results and hope this will eliminate any fears for anyone who would like to go a little longer with their OCI's. I think I will go 10,000 km's / 6,000 mile on the next change with Valvoline Synpower 5w30. Dodge really did a good job with these Pentastar engines.

post-4656-0-13614200-1426715293_thumb.jp

Wow, very cool. Kudos to you for getting an analysis done! How much did it cost to get done?

How many miles are on your DJ? I'd be interested to see a 100k mile analysis done with the manual stated 8k mile change interval. If it's cheap I may try it out with my mobile1 5w-30 synthetic changes on oem filter. I'm at 83k miles currently.

I was at 43,500 miles (70,000 km's). The cost is $25.00 and if you want you can get the TBN for $10.00 extra. I did it just to know for sure that everything is okay and if I'm okay to extend my intervals which I can.

You can check it out here: http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

I was at 43,500 miles (70,000 km's). The cost is $25.00 and if you want you can get the TBN for $10.00 extra. I did it just to know for sure that everything is okay and if I'm okay to extend my intervals which I can.

You can check it out here: http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Very cool. I may do it and report back what mine is showing for comparison! What is TBN?

Looking again, it's weird that Calcium is the only thing that reported above national average. I wonder why that is?

TBN gives you the amount of life left in your oil....this is excellent for those trying to max out their oil change interval which I would never do but for those who do the 10,000 mile plus oil change they might want to see if the oil can handle it or not.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Looking again, it's weird that Calcium is the only thing that reported above national average. I wonder why that is?

Calcium is a detergent in the engine oil. Molekule "BITOG" oil guru probably explains it best here:

Calcium is mainly a detergent and magnesium at one time was used in dispersants but its use has declined since magnesium leaves ash deposits.

Newer ashless dispersants are now used to disperse sludge molecules and soot.

Calcium compounds are "multifunctional" additives since they not only lift deposits, but also serves as a friction modifier and tbn booster.