Travel Link on the 8.4/8.4N

Question for Americans with the 8.4" screen and a Sirius subscription:

I have my sub for all three possibilities; Nav, Radio and Travel-link. The dealer screen reflects this and Sirius confirmed it too.

I do get the sports game notices and such and I can tune the stupid weather and traffic channels for the however many cities they provide them for, like I need weather and traffic for New York City or LA!!

And after a few weeks without traffic on my navigator the green dot lit up and now I can see traffic!!!

According to the manual I should also see settings for Travel-link in the Sirius sub-menu under settings, but nothing about travel-link shows there - do your US radios show settings for the service? I only ask because the book says it should be there and the unit definitely has the Travel-link subscription enabled.

Comments?

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issues.

I have the Travel Link button and I also see I have an active subscription.

I called and they tried to reset the unit etc etc and said I have to take it back to the dealer.

Did you ever find a solution?

I just updated my radio to the latest versions and still not working.

I know for a fact it worked at one point as I got traffic updates and once it notified me the Flyers were playing a game and let me tune to it.

Just for the heck of it I checked it again this morning when I got to work. Now it is all working.

Not sure why. I'll check it when I get home and see if it stops working. Maybe it's a dead spot?