Beware of new thief gadget ( to get in your car )

SUV-TELE

Thiefs now have a gadget that picks up your signal when locking and arming your security system when you use your remote.

They'll sit in a parking lot and wait for their victim. You'll push your lock button, they pick it up on thier gadget. They'll wait till you walk away and move on in quick and simply push their magic button and there in your car.

They can't start it but they will have acess to your interior.

Its started happening quite a bit up here in Toronto, Canada.

Police issued the warning and advise people to lock their cars from within the car itself .[/size]

This is good to know. However, if you lock your vehicle manually from the inside, it will not activate the alarm. So that means if a low-tech criminal tries to break in, the alarm won't sound. And if I use my fob and a high-tech crimical breaks in, the alarm won't sound. Hmmm....talk about a rock and a hard place.

Really. Sh----

I didn't know that. They made it sound like it did activate the alarm as well.

I think I will activate it from the remote close to the door itself then.

Rather than the Yuppie thing of doing it as you walk away from the car and do that wrist thing.

LOL

Really. Sh----

I didn't know that. They made it sound like it did activate the alarm as well.

I think I will activate it from the remote close to the door itself then.

Rather than the Yuppie thing of doing it as you walk away from the car and do that wrist thing.

LOL

It's not the distance you are from your vehicle when your transmitter emits its signal. It's how far the criminal is from your transmitter. You don't have to point your fob directly at the vehicle to have it work. ;)

My understanding is if you use the power locks without the remote the alarm will be armed. I checked the manual and that is how I read it anyway.

Yes, you are right, if you use the power locks, your alarm will be armed. However, if you manually lock the doors, but pushing the plungers down, it will not.

• 2 weeks later...