HVAC (Air Condition) LED Back Light for 2010 Dodge Journey

Hi guys,

Yesterday I noticed the right side of the LED back lighting behind the HVAC (Air Condition) control are gone. So I give it a slight tap and it comes back on. As the vehicle moves along the bumps, it shuts back off. Any tap or bump on the unit or sides makes the back lighting turn on and off. The left side is completely intact.

So I obviously think lose connection. I Google how to remove the fascia which is just an easy pull, the whole HVAC controls are attached to this fascia. The wires seem okay. I check the wires as well as what seems like the LED bulb holder (there are two, one on each side) which I don't even know how it works or is seated. I just touch it and try to twist and turn it thinking it's like a bulb screw but nothing gives. Nothing loose. I tap on the fascia itself and it comes back on again and stays on despite repeat hard taps on it. I put it all back again, give it a few taps and bumps on the side and everything good. So really I don't know what I did or how it fixed itself.

My question:

1. Anyone experience similar issues of the back lighting turning off on one or both sides of the HVAC controls? What was the problem and fix?

2. Anyone know how to remove and replace these LED bulbs in case it does eventually burn out?

Thanks for input.

Edited by oneframe

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for comment. I finally was able to delve into this issue and did find it's an old school incandescent bulb typical of bulbs to light up the instrument gauges.

For those that may experience the same issue down the road the bulb is made by Osram and it's 12V at 2.0W.

Don't biyher going to your dealership. Dealt with 4 parts deparent in my area and they will sell you the wrong bulb or don't know about it at all.

Showed the bulb to the local automotive store and they know about it. Got the exact Osram bulb and a few more to store. Now my lighting is fixed.

post-2031-0-33820500-1423873567_thumb.jp

post-2031-0-58874100-1423873586_thumb.jp