Strange sounds

Hello all, I have an 09 Journey AWD, about a week ago, it started sounding like I have an off road tire on the front drivers side when I hit about 20-25 MPH, and continues at higher speeds. I took it off and looked at the tire, and it "looks" ok. I swapped the two front tires to see if the sound changes sides, and it didn't.

One more thing, when I turn right, like the hwy curves or something, it goes away. As soon as I straighten up, it starts again.

Any ideas?

Edited by RickLogan

Yep, wheel bearing sound for sure. Like a whirling/humming/almost grinding sound huh? How many miles are on your DJ?

150K on it, just wondering too, since the noise goes away when I turn right, would that be the right, or left bearing going out? I have the hub and going to replace it today, but I am not sure 100% which side, and I would hate to replace the wrong side.

Ok, so everything that I read said that it would be the pass side bearing. Just to make sure I jacekd it up, and tried the wheels to see if there was any play in them, I couldn't tell the difference from Drivers to pass side, so I lifted the whole things up, ran it up to 40 MPH, and still couldn't tell there was no sound at all. So I got in it and drove around with the windows dows to see if I could tell, and still no............so I went with my guy, and changed the drivers side, because that is where it sounded like it started, and I am glad that I did, it was indeed the drivers side.

Very good glad you got her fixed up. How hard of a job was it? Go long did it take? Anything to note for future people that may have to change it?

It litterally took me 45 mins to complete.....nothing really yo note other then when you are putting it back together, put the rotor on before the calipers. LOL I caught myself before I bolted it on.